Full Spectrum Air Defence International 2020: The Online Gathering of the World's Air Defence Community
As the Coronavirus pandemic has clearly illustrated, our world is capable of imposing dramatic and surprising strategic shock. Faced with the proliferation of UAVs as well as heightened tensions with missile capable nations, strategic and point air defence depends upon intelligently maintaining a competitive edge, there is far greater peril in hubris and neglect than in seizing the advantage offered by the latest technologies and military method.
The Full Spectrum Air Defence Digital Forum
has been built to provide a forum of value to the air defence community. While COVID-19 has disrupted many traditional processes, including our community's annual face-to-face meetings, it has also unleashed new digital opportunities.
Free-to-attend for the military, the world's first online meeting of the air defence community will allow future leaders to benefit from the presentations of senior leaders drawn from around the world and expand the networks required to engage with industry and foreign militaries alike.
With ever increasing threats from state and non-state actors alike, the need share knowledge has rarely been greater. The Full Spectrum Air Defence Digital conference
will take place online 22-24 September.
Key themes include:
- How can air defenders be aided by the OEM and systems integrators to smooth the transition from legacy to contemporary assets?
- In what ways can nations increase the integration of air defence assets across air, land and sea, in an effort to create a seamless reactive capability to dealing with threats areas across the spectrum
- As threats become more varied with the development of low slow small uas to hypersonic glide vehicles, what options are there for multi-model air defence systems to engage a range of targets? What are the benefits and limitations of futuristic technology, such as directed energy
- What lessons can be transferred between GBAD commanders in different regions of the world, in terms of meeting operational challenges?
"The base tour was excellent, plus the event allowed presentations from countries and discussions about radar and missile integration"
-VProgram Manager, ASELAN
"The staff stood out as they were attentive to all the attendees needs and responded to each question with respect and attention"
- Director, Business Development, BAE Systems
"A great opportunity to meet relevant players in the field of ISR and security affairs"
-Image Analyst, SatCen
Online Conference Chairman
- Dr. Leigh Moore Jr., NATO Joint Capability Group on Ground Based Air Defense, NATO
- Brigadier General Gregory Brady, Commander, 10th Army Air & Missile Defense Command, US Army Europe
2020 Early Confirmed Speakers
- Gordon B. "Skip" Davis Jr., Deputy Assistant Secretary General, Defence Investment Division, NATO
- Brigadier General Enrique Silvela Diaz-Criado, Commander, Spanish Army Air Defence Command
- Colonel Richard (Rick) Wright, Deputy Director, Joint Counter-small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Office & Deputy Director, Fires Headquarters Department of the Army, U.S. Army
- Colonel Andrii Kramarenko, Deputy Chief of Operations Planning Center, Ukrainian Air Force
- Dr. Alexandre Papy, Chairman, Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Capability Group & Counter UAV Group, NATO
- Dr. Claudio Palestini, Officer, Counter Terrorism Section, Emerging Security Challenges Division (ESCD), NATO
- Colonel Tim Shaffer, Chief, Air and Missile Defense, US Army Europe
- Maxime Bagnoud, Project Manager, Armasuisse
- Lieutenant Colonel Nikolaos Kipenis, Air Battle Management-Weapons Control, Hellenic Air Force
- Lieutenant Colonel Rob Olthoff, Head of Counter UAS, Royal Netherlands Army
- Wing Commander Rob Wilson, Head of Counter UAS, UK Ministry of Defence
- Peter Clarke, Head of C-sUAS Rapid Innovation Cell (RIC), Defence UAS Capability Development Centre, UK Ministry of Defence
- Mr Brian "Bear" Lihani, Chief, Aerospace Warning Branch, HQ NORAD
- Juan Tarazona, Programme Manager , Communications, Air and Missile Defence, NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA)
- Thomas Withington, Consultant, Electronic Warfare, Radar and Military Communications Specialist
- Fabian Ochsner, CEO, Rheinmetall Air Defence
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Digital Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.