Announcement: Due to ongoing concerns over COVID-19, this conference is now taking place on 17th - 18th November 2021 in London, UK.
We are proud to present the 10th annual Social Media in the Defence and Military Sector conference
, taking place on the 17th and 18th November 2021 in London, United Kingdom. Social media
has become an indispensable communication channel in civilian society, and the military sector is no different. It can be used as a platform for information and recruitment purposes, fulfil a welfare function for personnel keeping in touch with family and friends, and as a strategic communication tool for opinion-forming and psychological operations. Social media
offers fast, direct, and wide-reaching communications, so it is critical that public affairs professionals are properly equipped to make the most of what ; social media has to offer. Drawing on a wealth of expertise from military, government and industry, Social Media in the Defence and Military Sector
remains the only truly global summit for communications professionals in defence. Join this community to learn from the very best, meet your peers from around the world, and accelerate your development.
Benefits of Attending
- Engage with a dynamic audience of military officers, government officials, industry experts and social media platform specialists on crucial topics such recruitment, audience engagement, crisis response tactics and combating fake news.
- Exclusive Host Nation presentations from the UK MoD
- Dedicated sessions on COVID-19 response and the role of the military in keeping the world virus-free
- Two half day pre-conference workshops focusing on social media strategies and the utilisation of immersive technologies in military communications campaigns
Plus Two Pre-Conference Workshops | 16th November 2021
Workshop A: Copywriting: The Essential Underdog of Your Social Media Content
Hosted by Ms Jackie Rautenbach, Head of Social Media, BFBS Academy and Creative
9:00am - 12:30pm
Workshop B: Military Recruiting, Retention and Brand Building via Social Media with GEN-Z
Hosted by Mr Andrew Morton, Director of Veterans and Certification Affairs, SHRM
1:30pm - 5:00pm
Host Nation Speakers:
- Mr Matthew Clarke, Head of Digital Strategy, UK MoD
- Ms. Gemma Regniez, Chief Communications Officer, British Army
International Military and Expert Speakers Include:
- Colonel Chad Carroll, Communications Director, US Army Futures Command
- Lieutenant Colonel Olivia Nunn, Director Communications, US Army Soldier For Life
- Lieutenant Colonel Gavin Young, Head Public Relations Branch, Irish Defence Forces
- Lieutenant Commander Arlo Abrahamson, Public Affairs Officer, US DoD Joint Artificial Intelligence Center
- Major Jennifer Stadnyk, Officer Commanding Canadian Forces Combat Camera, Canadian Armed Forces
- Dr Stefan Chavanne, Director Armed Forces Personnel Agency, Austrian MoD
- Mr Gert Hankewitz, Director Export Control, Milrem
- Commissioner Dirk Von Holleben, Head of Employer Branding and Social Media, Bundeswehr
- Mr Luca Lamorte, Social Media Officer (Managing Editor), IOM
- Ms. Mary Markovinovic, Chief, Public Affairs, Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies (DKI APCSS), US DoD
- Mr Jay Paxton, Chief, Public Affairs, NATO Allied Command Transformation
The agenda is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to receive an alert when the agenda becomes available.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.