The problem with HIPAA compliance is that it permeates so many aspects of your practice. Here are a few more examples of areas that could be HIPAA time bombs unless you take action immediately:
- Social Media
- Patient Information Access
- Patient reminder calls
- Release of Information (to both patients and other providers)
- Family Member Request for Information
- Prescription Pick-up
- Charging patients to make copies
- Addressing patients by name
- Putting Charts Outside Exam Rooms
- Fax Requests
- Waiting Room Breaches Etc.
No doubt about it, HIPAA is complicated. It is a massive government document, and is anything but user friendly. But in only 60 minutes, you can get everything you need to protect your practice from the most common front-desk HIPAA violations. Don't waste another minute. Protect your dental practice and sign up for this must-attend training today.
Why you should Attend:
In only 60-minutes, you'll receive the specific actions necessary to protect you from the most common front desk HIPAA violations - and if you don't think your office has any, think again. Rhonda's session will help you ensure your front-desk staff are trained to identify violations before they get you in trouble, and successfully handle even the most challenging patient complaint.
HIPAA compliance makes your front-desk staff more important than ever. How they handle their everyday duties and interact with your patients can not only cause you to get audited, but it can also be the source of hefty penalties and fines that you are left to pay. Accordingly, to avoid a HIPAA audit, the way your front desk has always done things may not work any longer.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Finally understand routine vs non-routine disclosures and never violate this HIPAA standard again
- Halt sticky notes from landing you in legal hot water
- Dodge discarded patient information violations - even the smallest piece of paper matters
- Stop patient HIPAA complaints in their tracks with proven protocol
- Incorporate email signatures that protect everyone in your office
- Protect customer info on your computer screen with simple to follow policy
- Modify your check-in process quickly and inexpensively
- And so much more
Who Will Benefit:
- Registration Staff
- Front Desk Staff
- Patient Access Staff
- Front Desk Team Members
- Medical Record Personnel
- Clerical Workers and Anyone who Shares the Responsibility of the Front Desk Operations
Speaker ProfileRhonda Granja is a certified professional coder and certified medical assistant. Rhonda has been in the medical office profession since 1990 and is currently working as an independent medical consultant. She has been involved extensively in medical advocacy. Rhonda has done the necessary follow-up work and has a proven track record for winning insurance appeals. She is involved with multiple medical groups and has also developed staff motivation techniques. Rhonda enjoys sharing her experience and knowledge with others in this profession.
Her vast experience has been achieved by actively working in all areas of a medical practice - everything from the front desk to the clinical side. Rhonda is an active member of the American Academy of Professional Coders; Medical Group Manager's Association, and the Consumer Family Advisory Committee.
She has extensive knowledge of billing and reimbursement related to managed care and commercial carriers as well as Medicare and state funded products. Rhonda has a wealth of experience and her passion for speaking tends to get attendees excited about what they do. Aside from her professional relationships, she makes time to advocate with the non-profit organization, Autism Speaks