In this session Mr. Wolfe will provide an overview of the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute. He will also discuss best practices for auditing physician contracts on behalf of health systems, hospitals, medical groups and physician practices.
The webinar will focus on regulatory requirements, key provisions, valuation considerations and potential pitfalls that should be avoided.
Why you should Attend:
This webinar will offer best practices for implementing and auditing physician contracts to minimize liability and penalties.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Provide a general Stark and Anti-Kickback Overview
- Examine critical regulatory requirements related to physician compensation arrangements
- Review processes for documenting fair market value and commercial reasonableness
- Discuss best practices for auditing physician compensation arrangements and potential pitfalls
- Discuss how to resolve issues that may arise during the audit process
Who Will Benefit:
- In-House Counsel
- Health Care Compliance Officers
- Health Care Human Resources
- Health Care CFOs
- Health Care Executives
Speaker ProfileJoseph Wolfe is an attorney with Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C., the largest health care focused law firm in the country. Mr. Wolfe provides advice and counsel to some of the nation's largest health systems, hospitals and medical groups on a variety of health care issues. He regularly counsels clients on a national basis regarding compliance-focused physician compensation and alignment strategies. He is a frequent speaker on issues related to the physician self-referral statute (Stark Law), hospital-physician transactions, physician compensation governance and health care valuation issues. Before attending law school at the University of Wisconsin, he served as a combat engineer in the United States Army.