Floating Solar PV Forum
will take place as a two-days summit and will explore the global importance of floating solar
. The event will unite policy makers and top thought leadership on one stage and unfurl the green recovery playbook. It will greatly explore the most lucrative opportunities that awaits in the renewable energy sector, whether it be the expansion of infrastructure, the electrification of end use sectors or decarbonising the way we do business, therefore, charting the path for the energy majors of tomorrow.Floating solar
is an emerging concept that make use of a portion of surface water bodies for siting grid-tied solar energy systems. As solar PV
system prices fall and reliability improves, there is more and more pressure to find suitable sites for grid-tied centralized systems, especially in areas where land use is a critical restraint, and floating solar
offers an attractive alternative to land-based systems. Floating solar
can open new opportunities for scaling up the solar power generating capacity, especially in countries with high population density and competing uses for available land. At present, countries including China, Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea have installed floating solar
plants with a total capacity of 2,400 MW , enough to power 240,000 households.
Over the last years, the deployment of floating solar
has grown more than a hundredfold, surpassing the milestone threshold of 1 GW in September 2018. As the world makes every effort to rebuild in the wake of the pandemic, one thing is very clear and that is the fact that our recovery should be a green one with renewable energy at its core. As governments set about unveiling their grand plans for a sustainable world, the energy industry waits with bated breath to discover what opportunities await in the future.Floating solar
represents a growing opportunity for developers to install solar in countries that are land constrained, or in specific locations that have favorable conditions such as water bodies with proximity to existing grids, such as hydropower dams or water treatment plants where they can use of existing infrastructure to make floating PV more cost competitive. Offshore installations at pilot stage are proving successful and are being closely monitored as they increase in size. However, in some cases floating solar
will continue to be a relatively niche technology as countries, and developers consider it a relatively expensive method of installing solar compared to ground-mount solar on land and roof-top solar especially with regard to stringent requirements of anchoring, insurance, permits and water surface rights.
The Floating Solar PV Forum
offers an ideal opportunity to obtain comprehensive and in-depth information about floating PV. Various aspects of floating PV will be presented and discussed in several sessions: From market developments and first-hand best practice examples on lakes and off the coast, to financing possibilities and technical challenges above and below the water surface. The stage is set for energy leaders to steer us into a new world. Opportunity exists to reimagine, recreate and redefine our society in a new and greener image with renewable energy at its beating heart.
The Floating Solar PV Forum
is gearing up to provide attendees with seminal insights for successful operations within a digitally shifted green energy landscape. The forum will offer the ideal space for networking with industry players; senior managers, decision-makers, and practitioners operating in the industries and making the most of floating PV solar
Join us as we gather these experts, practitioners, stakeholders, and leaders from Europe and the rest of the world to discuss the innovations in floating PV solar
, national policies and legislative actions as well as best practices concerning use of water surface.
Key Topics & Discussions
- Gain access to first-hand insights from the industry's biggest names on what progress has been made and what opportunities lie ahead
- Join leaders from across the renewable spectrum to gear up for a clean energy future!
- Get insight on the means to tackle the pressing immediate and long-term questions, with carefully selected themes and discussions guiding you through today and tomorrow's challenges.
- Prepare to interact and network with household names that will take to the stage with direction-setting insights and industry leading analysis.
- Meet our experts and professionals with the biggest names in renewables and climate policy that are keen to drive debate and handle panel, round table discussions and live fireside chats onstage.
Reasons to attend
- Expand your network of top-level business contacts
- Hear from enthusiastic speakers with powerful presentation
- Use this exceptional platform for discussions and debates about then industry challenges
- Benefit from our matchmaking and 1:1 meeting
- Join our panel discussions, world cafe, interactive workshops, networking, strategic meetings and round tables discussion
Areas of responsibility:
- Floating technology