With climate change still being a very real issue, change needs to come fast. One of the changes that can be made, is to ensure the avoidance of CO2 emissions, which can and is now being done using Carbon Dioxide Capture, Storage and Utilization technologies.
Our 16th Carbon Dioxide Utilization Summit
will follow on from our successful 13th edition which took place in Calgary focusing on the re-use of greenhouse gas CO2 and converting this into profitable sustainable and commercial materials. It will be taking place in Montreal, Canada on the 8th and 9th of September 2021.
The two day event will bring together senior experts from various CO2 emitting industries discussing sustainable, technological and commercial aspects of CO2 Utilization
in Canada and across the globe. With technology comparisons focusing on economic, environmental, and social indicators, our panel of speakers will highlight knowledgeable insights into commercial application and development of technology and products.
Last year the focus was on the path to commercialization of CO2 capture, utilization and storage technologies. This year there will still be focuses on this, as it is important for start-ups to know. However, there will also be more case studies on already commercialized and successful utilization technologies and the uses for them.
- Canada vs. The World: A Global CCU Assessment
- Assessing the Current CO2 Transportation and Storage Logistics
- Discussing the Role of the Government in Supporting the Development & Commercialization of CO2 Utilization
- Adjusting the Public Perception of CO2 from a Waste Material to a Raw material
- Addressing the Opportunities in Financing Carbon Capture and Utilization
- Latest Developments on Technology in the Industry
- Case Studies: Overview of Current Successful CO2 Utilization Cases/Plants
- Using CO2 as a Feedstock for Chemicals and Fuels
- CO2 Utilization in the Oil and Gas Industry
- The Utilization of CO2 in the Construction Industry
- Exploring Other End-Markets
Who Will Attend
Heads of CO2 Application and Development, R&D, and heads of sustainability and renewables from the following companies:
- Oil, gas and chemical companies with alternative energy departments
- Energy companies investing in R&D
- Governments looking for investable R&D in the energy sector
- Federal Policy advisors
- Start-up technology companies
- Chemical product manufacturers
- Clean energy technology companies
- Oil and gas services companies
- Petrochemical consulting and manufacturing companies
- Energy companies investing in R&D
The Great Lockdowns
We are doing everything to ensure that all our events go ahead as advertised, returning to the much-missed and valuable face-to-face interaction as soon as possible. In order to ensure the events are delivered as safely as possible, venues are chosen and procedures are adjusted in line with the relevant local and regulations and guidelines.
These have been exceptionally challenging times with very fast-moving updates. As we get closer to an event we look at each one individually, paying careful heed to local regulations, but without ignoring the international situation. Whatever happens, we will safeguard the investments that attendees have made by either automatically moving it to the new dates of the event or a full credit will be provided for use when booking a future ACI event.
Early Confirmed Speakers
- Fiona Oliver-Glasford, Energy Transition Planning, Enbridge
- Jaeson Cardiff, CEO and Cofounder, CleanO2
- Robert Cumming, Director – Environment, Lafarge Canada Inc
- Phil De Luna, Program Director – Energy Materials Challenge Program, National Research Council Canada
- Dr. David Layzell, Director Canadian Energy Systems Analysis Research (CESAR) Initiative, University of Calgary
- Curtis Berlinguette, Canada Research Chair in Energy Conversion, The University of British Columbia
- Christine Gabardo, Director of Technology, CERT
- Yimin Wu, Assistant Professor – Faculty of Engineering, University of Waterloo
- Dubravka Bulut, Senior Science and Technology Advisor, Natural Resources Canada
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.