A new era of ballistic missiles is imminent with a rapid race to develop the latest hypersonic weapons systems. There is also a pivotal issue to develop hypersonic defence systems to protect against the potential threat.
NATO members are working to make sure the right capabilities are in place if the research becomes a reality with hypersonic weapons. With the hypersonic era looking set to become a reality it has shown shortcomings in missile defence systems that are not capable to detect and protect from a hypersonic weapon.
During the 2-day Hypersonic Defense conference and exhibition we will look at the current ballistic missile defence capabilities of leading nations and the importance to fast track modernisation of the current systems. The event will also review the future of missile defence in a hypersonic era and how agencies are researching a new type of weapon and the challenges of simulation tests with hypersonic vehicles.
- Vice Admiral Jon Hill, Director, U.S. Missile Defense Agency
- Major General Frederic Parisot, Deputy Chief of Staff, Plans and Programmes, French Air Force
- Rear Admiral Tom Druggan, Program Executive for Sea-Based Weapon Systems, U.S. Missile Defense Agency
- Mike White, Assistant Director, Hypersonics, Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering
- Brigadier General Paul Murray, Deputy Director of Operations, North American Aerospace Defense Command
- Dr. Jeffrey C. Boulware, Technical Director, Joint Integrated Air and Missile Defense Organization (JIAMDO)
- Radoslava Stefanova, Head of IAMD Section, NATO
- Steven Adler, Plasma Applications Development – Americas, Tekna
- Eric Bouchard, Senior Advisor – Product Line Manager – Systems, Tekna
- Dr. Russ Cummings, Managing Director, DOD HPCMP Hypersonic Vehicle Simulation Institute, U.S. Air Force Academy
- Dr. Eric Marineau, Program Officer, Hypersonic Aerodynamics, Office of Naval Research, U.S. Navy
- Sarah Popkin, High-Speed Aerodynamics Program Officer, U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR)
- Thomas Karako, Senior Fellow, Director, Missile Defence Project, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
- Peter Huessy, Director of Strategic Deterrent Studies, Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies
- Dr. Phillip Ligrani, Eminent Scholar in Propulsion, Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Alabama, USA
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueLe Meridien Arlington Hotel
1121 19th Street N, VA 22209
Arlington, VA, USAWebsite