Understand. Adapt. Overcome.
Hosted with the support of the Royal Marines, Future Amphibious Force 2021
will take place at an exciting time for UK amphibious capability, as the Royal Marines forge ahead with a major transformation programme to develop the Future Commando Force.
From 18-19 May, Future Amphibious Force 2021
will bring together international leaders to contribute and share knowledge on the future nature and utility of amphibiosity, as well as how their services are preparing for change. The two-day online conference will foster an environment of collaboration, providing an opportunity for participation in interactive discussions and high-level debates.
Our speakers will share their assessments of the changing threats faced by navies and amphibious forces (including A2/AD); priority capability areas for development, and how Marine forces are adapting to this new world through the use of new disruptive technologies.
- Understand doctrinal change and the role of Marines as critical enablers of the Joint Force.
- Meet with the senior leadership of the Royal Marines, as well as other friendly NATO forces at a time of modernization
- Gain a deep insight into the priority technology, innovation and capability areas for development
- Help Amphibious forces mitigate emerging threats including from Long-range Precision Weapons and information related capabilities
2020 Speaker Faculty
- Vice-Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas, Chief of the Naval Staff, Nigerian Navy
- Vice Admiral Cláudio Henrique Mello De Almeida, Commander in Chief of the Fleet, Brazilian Navy
- Vice Admiral Paulo Martino Zuccaro, Commander, Fleet Marine Force, Brazilian Marine Corps
- Vice Admiral James Guido Thornberry Schiantarell, Commander General of Pacific Operations, Peruvian Navy
- Rear Admiral Ewa Skoog-Haslum, Chief, Royal Swedish Navy
- Major General Mark R. Wise, Deputy Commanding General, MCCDC, US Marine Corps
- Major General Daniel D. Yoo, Commander, Marine Forces Special Operations Command, US Marine Corps
- Major General Patrick J. Hermesmann, Commander, U.S. Marine Corps Forces Europe & Africa, US Marine Corps
- Major General Tracy King, Director Expeditionary Warfare, OPNAV N95, US Navy
- Major General Antonio Planells Palau, Commandant, Spanish Marine Corps
- Rear Admiral Ibrahim Ozdem Kocer, Commander of Turkish Amphibious Task Group, Turkish Navy
- Colonel Don Maraska, Expeditionary Warfare Training Group, Atlantic, US Navy
- Colonel Patrik Gardesten, Commander, First Marine Regiment, Swedish Navy
- Mr. Scott Kinner, Head Of Department, Doctrine and Standards, Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group
- Lieutenant Colonel Hesham Khalil Mubarak, Staff Officer, Jordanian Armed Forces
- David Wotherspoon, Head of Innovation, UK Defence Solutions Centre
- Dr Jack Watling, Research Fellow, Land Warfare, Royal United Services Institute
- Nick Childs, Senior Fellow, Naval Forces and Maritime Security, International Institute for Strategic Studies
- JD Williams, Senior International and Defense Policy Researcher, RAND Corporation
- Gene Germanovich, Senior Defense Analyst, RAND Corporation
The agenda is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to receive an alert when the agenda becomes available.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.