The 3rd Annual Operational Medicine Symposium
will focus on DoD initiatives to enhance military medicine in an era of great power competition. This symposium will bring together highly regarded medical professionals from all services to discuss the practice of medicine in expeditionary environments.Current Health and Safety Protocols
Topics to be covered at the 2021 Symposium:
- Preparing the Medical Force for the Future Operating Environment Developing effective countermeasures against stressors in order to maximize health, performance, and well-being
- Injury Prevention and Reduction
- USINDOPACOM Requirements from the Medical Community to Improve Performance and Ensure the Health and Readiness of the Joint Force
- Preparing the Medical Force for Large Scale, Multi-Domain Operations
- Advancements in Telehealth to Improve Patient Outcomes
- Improving Survivability for Trauma Patients in Wartime and Peacetime
- Precision Aerospace & Operational Medicine: Modeling a Framework for Integrating Genetics & Operational Medicine
- Leveraging AI in Operational Medicine
- Bringing Lifestyle and Performance Medicine to the Forefront of How the USAF Delivers Care
Why You Should Attend This Symposium:
Our 3rd Annual Operational Medicine Symposium
will bring together medical professionals from across the services to discuss advancements in military medical care. This event will focus on the current and future innovations in the technology, resources, and training designed to improve medical personnel's ability to effectively safe lives on and off the battlefield. Presenters will highlight recent advancements, including in areas of combat casualty care, medical logistics, human performance and telemedicine, which expand the survivability of our Nation's warfighters.
The nature of operational medicine
and the US military health system is at an inflexion point. The DoD is preparing for a medical operating environment which will be characterized by great power competition, high casualties, denied evacuation routes and advanced weaponry. As such, the military is making significant investments into the emerging technologies, medical devices, training and infrastructure aimed at ensuring medical services are able to reliably care for warfighters at the point of need.
Speakers from the services, combatant commands and DHA will share their perspectives on innovating and partnering with industry providers to deliver cutting-edge medical equipment to warfighters in any environment. Attendees will have the unique opportunity to network with some of the most highly regarded military medical professionals about DoD priorities to advance the practice of medicine in expeditionary environments and streamline medical care within DHA.
Our team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Symposiums' content and focus areas; we will assemble the most respected minds in human and technical analysis from key policymakers across military and civilian offices as well as technology leaders developing advanced threat detection methods. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information:
The Operational Medicine Symposium
provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.Download the 2021 Sponsorship Prospectus Here
2021 Scheduled Speakers:
- Brig Gen Paul Friedrichs, USAF, Joint Staff Surgeon, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- BG Clinton Murray, USA, Commanding General, Brooke Army Medical Center
- Brig Gen Thomas Harrell, USAF, Commander, Air Force Medical Readiness Agency
- CSM Michael Gragg, USA, Senior Enlisted Leader, Defense Health Agency
- Col Stacy Shackelford, USAF, Director, Joint Trauma System
- COL Gina Adam, USA, Commander, U.S. Army Medical Materiel Development Activity
- Col (Ret.) Ronald Poropatich, MD, MS, Director, Center for Military Medicine Research, Health Sciences, University of Pittsburgh
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Symposium Agenda of this event.
VenueNorris Conference Center - San Antonio
618 NW Loop 410, Suite 207, 78216
San Antonio, TX, USA