A Unique Event
Global aerospace and defense is a high technology industry witnessing emerging developments in space and military ventures to support the nations’ war fighters. However, in this era of ‘persistent conflict,’ A&D companies are faced with a myriad of challenges including regulatory requirements, declining funding, defense acquisition instability, volatile fuel prices and security concerns.
The aerospace and defense industry’s health, competitiveness and strength relies heavily on research, innovation and leading edge technology. Whilst managing products which in themselves are very complex, the industry must also manage a multi-faceted set of relationships and issues such as counterfeit prevention, guaranteeing component authenticity and quality control. Additionally, as military equipment is retired and decommissioned, recycling research must be leveraged to ensure environmentally safe reuse of components. Consideration must be made to the manufacturing industry’s preparedness to reduce operational and support costs, by ensuring every possible action is taken to prevent waste and abuse from effecting program costs and schedules. This industry thus requires a robust base characterized by streamlined and advanced manufacturing and technology integration to ensure efficiencies.
The Aerospace & Defense Manufacturing Summit will highlight the current challenges and opportunities for aerospace and defense manufacturing executives through visionary keynote presentations and case studies delivered by your most esteemed peers and thought leadersfocused on innovative technologies in aerospace and defense companies across North America. The one-on-one meetings with leading solution and service providers will offer a wealth of expertise in cutting-edge technology, strategy and implementation. All this, seamlessly integrated with informal networking opportunities over two days will provide a unique interactive forum. Do not miss this opportunity to network, establish new connections, exchange ideas and gain knowledge.
The Summit Program Key Topics
The primary objective of the Aerospace & Defense Manufacturing Summit is to explore the key aspects and issues related to aerospace and defense manufacturing best practices. The Summit's program topics have been pinpointed and validated by the aerospace and defense community as the top critical issues they face. Key issues for 2012 include:
- Riding the Economic Wave – Keeping the Warfighter in the ‘Shrinking Dollar’ Environment
- Maintaining the Health of the Space Industrial Base to Guarantee National Security
- Emerging Technologies – Innovative Applications and Best Practices for the Design and Production of Aerospace and Defense Products
- STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) – A Launch Pad for the Next Generation of Aerospace & Defense Professionals
- ‘Green’ Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing to Protect the Environment
- Innovation – A Must to Maintain the Health and Viability of the Defense Industrial Base
- Latest Trends in the Commercial Aircraft Market
- ITAR – Will There be a Revision of the Rules Any Time Soon
- The Good, the Bad and the Fake! – Counterfeit Parts, Sifting through the Bad to Ensure Product Excellence
Very informative, with important people and good presentations. Good opportunity to meet others in the market.
Director, Integrated Supply Honeywell Aerospace
The event was well organized and covered a good spectrum of topics at the forefront of manufacturing challenges facing the U.S. defense industry.
Senior Engineering Manager Harris Corporation
Enjoyable, well organized, excellent keynote speakers.
Senior Manager, Supplier Management Boeing
Excellent speakers, very nice venue and a great networking opportunity.
Director, Hardware Assembly & Integration Northrop Grumman
What Makes the Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing Summit Different
- A strictly invitation-only event: selection of delegates according to criteria such as scope of responsibility and size of company
- Restricted number of delegates in order to facilitate successful networking opportunities
- Personalized summit and meeting schedule to suit individual requirements and provide an efficient use of time
- Keynote presentations, case studies and interactive sessions by world-class industry experts and pioneers
- A relaxed but professional business environment, in which to explore new ideas, strategies and technical developments with industry colleagues, experts and peers
- Access to the secured summit website, providing information on other delegates and each service provider prior to the event
- Individual pre-arranged one-on-one business meetings with senior representatives from key industry service providers
- An invitation which covers one nights' accommodation, all Summit materials, meals and leisure activities during the Summit
- An opportunity to relax and enjoy the superb facilities at the prestigious Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa
Red Rock Casino
Resort & Spa
Las Vegas, NV
Red Rock's serene surroundings, distinctive décor and impeccable standard of service ensure that your Las Vegas hotel stay is flawless and fabulous. Exquisite hotel rooms and suites offer an unmatched combination of comfort, extravagance and value while inspiring mountain vistas will transfix you during your Las Vegas vacation, travel or getaway. Many of the spaces are naturally-lit and overlook the stunning Red Rock Canyon and three-acre pool backyard. Wow factor for your special Las Vegas event: guaranteed!
The summit program is available as PDF under downloads.
Sample Delegate Schedule
Each attendee at the Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing Summit receives a personalized itinerary based on their priority selections of conference sessions, business meetings and special networking events. Below is a sample of a
personalized attendee schedule.
08:00 – 09:30 am Event Registration
09:30 – 09:45 am Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
09:45 – 10:30 am Opening Keynote Presentation
10:30 – 11:00 am Networking Coffee Break
11:00 – 12:30 pm Business Meetings
12:30 – 01:30 pm Reserved Seated Lunch
01:30 – 02:15 pm Presentation
02:15 – 03:00 pm Presentation
03:00 – 03:15 pm Networking Coffee Break
03:15 – 04:45 pm Business Meetings
04:45 – 05:30 pm Presentation
05:30 – 06:15 pm Keynote Presentation
06:15 – 08:30 pm Networking Reception
07:30 – 08:30 am Networking Breakfast
08:30 – 09:15 am Keynote Presentation
09:15 – 10:00 am Presentation
10:00 – 10:45 am Presentation
10:45 – 11:00 am Networking Coffee Break
11:00 – 12:30 pm Business Meetings
12:30 – 01:30 pm Lunch
01:30 – 02:30 pm Panel Discussion
02:30 – 03:15 pm Presentation
03:15 – 03:30 pm Networking Break
03:30 – 05:00 pm Business Meetings
05:00 – 05:45 pm Presentation
05:45 – 06:30 pm Keynote Presentation
06:30 – 06:45 pm Chairperson’s Closing Comments
Distinguished Speakers Include:
- Chairman: Dr Timothy Carter, Director of Operations, Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM), Lockheed Martin
- Frank Flores, Vice President, Engineering, Strike & Surveillance Systems Division Northrop Grumman
- Ron Ramos, Vice President, Exploration & Missile Defense Systems, Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne
- Dr Albert Sanders, Director Technology & Advanced Operations, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Honeywell Aerospace HQ
- Dr Timothy Carter, Director of Operations, Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM), Lockheed Martin
- Charles Precourt, Vice President and General Manager, Space Launch Systems, ATK
Also hear from: The Spaceship Company, NASA Headquarters, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Harris Corporation, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) and more.