"Improving Energy Efficiencies and Environmental Sustainability in the Built Environment"
This senior level educational and networking Summit is designed to provide an interchange of knowledge and serve as a catalyst for collaboration across federal, public and private sector institutional, and commercial facility and campus energy
stakeholders. The Summit will focus on strategic and technical capabilities to support decarbonization and electrification, improve overall energy efficiencies, reliability, and resiliency for the public and private sector built environment.
The highly curated agenda offers two days of over 16 plenary sessions (no tracks!), 5 hours of dedicated networking and live technology and solution demonstrations onsite.
Why Should you Attend the Summit:
Our Summits are built on the foundation that great ideas and collaboration can occur when people with diverse expertise who may not work together on a daily basis, come together around a common challenge. This Summit's common challenge is how to improve energy efficiency, reliability, resiliency while reducing carbon emissions and improving overall environmental sustainability in built environments for the public, private and federal sectors. Join us to lend your unique viewpoint, skill set or share your technical capabilities or business know-how to help forge new pathways to overall energy ecosystems, expand networks for future collaboration and share best practices and ideas.
As the opportunity for American leadership in climate innovation is vast, the Biden- Harris Administration is outlining key planks of an agenda including The National Building Performance Standards Coalition, announced by the White House on Jan. 21, 2022. With over 300,000 buildings within the federal government portfolio, join this conversation in September and help evolve an efficient, resilient and carbon free energy pathway for our Federal Government .
The CRE industry cannot reach net zero carbon without developing a cost-effective and feasible way to deeply retrofit existing buildings. Here from senior stakeholders on the strategic operational approaches they are undertaking and what they need from their partners to support their goals.
Higher Education and large Institutional Campuses have long served as case studies towards onsite generation. As many move to increased levels of renewables, with some setting the benchmark at 100% renewable, along with the integration of EV charging, how will they manage these assets? Who sees and owns the data in a DERs environment?
All these topics and more will be discussed and by joining us, you can engage in an interchange of ideas, expand your professional network with a diverse group, showcase your organizations innovations and walkaway with actionable takeaways.
2022 Summit Key Focus Areas to Include:
Business Models, Strategies, and Financing:
- How do we build the business model of net-zero for our existing buildings: how do we develop a cost effective retrofit, from funding to design, for our financial stakeholders and how do we choose what energy generation and storage systems make sense where and why?
- Project financing and Master Planning is accounting for the need to build in renewables, onsite generation and overall flexibility to account for future grid outages while concurrently reducing carbon emissions. What are the current funding streams, and business and operational models that larger facilities are using for both existing and new build?
- A futures look at the Metaverse and the evolving role of commercial real estate and energy ecosystems
- Advanced data driven capabilities in energy management are allowing the most successful facilities managers and chief engineers to utilize advanced power monitoring, predictive analytics and more data based tools to increase equipment uptime, reduce energy consumption, and improve IEQ under tight staffing and budget constraints. Learn case studies from end users and the latest innovations from industry.
- Energy/Water Nexus: water resource conservation, safety and optimization strategies
- Federal buildings focus: Building and retrofitting for net-zero emissions buildings while meeting key requirements of resilience, power quality and economy
- How can we work towards increasing onsite generation for our larger facilities and provide back greater community integration to evolve a smart, grid-interactive city or town.
- Developing flexible Energy Master Plans that account for future 'unkowns' (from evolving technical innovations to future threat environments).
- Strategies for moving a campus or large scale community to 100% renewable.
Building Technologies and Solutions:
- Digital Solutions / EMS capabilities for the decarbonized energy future: What can current data systems that utilize advanced data analytics and AI do for optimizing building portfolio energy efficiency and performance.
- Monitoring-Based Commissioning (MBCx) platforms
- Advancements in: Lighting, HVAC and Heat Pumps
- Integrating battery storage, fuel cells, building-integrated photovoltaics (PV),microgrids, CHP, EV charging and wind into your energy portfolio through onsite generation or various PPA.
- Designing and constructing new build with limited carbon emissions: what tools and techniques can we utilize?
- Transformational technologies supporting electrification and much more!
At our summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: For facility and campus energy stakeholders, you will walk away with knowledge gained from our senior-level speakers and attendees to help you improve the efficiency, resiliency and sustainability of your built environment. For industry innovators, you will walk away with a deep understanding of the current challenges, needs, and initiatives across a variety of stakeholders from federal, state, and private sectors, and learn about where you solution or service may be best applied.
- Build Partnerships: The Summit is designed to bring together a variety of stakeholders from across multiple sectors in order to allow to network with and forge partnerships with persons you may not have necessarily had to the opportunity to engage with yet. You will also have the ability discover the latest technologies and trends driving the energy market for facilities and campuses across the Nation during our ample networking time throughout both days.
- Influence: Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. Designed as an interactive 'Town Hall' forum, all attendees are encouraged to engage in dialogue and discussion with each other and the speakers during each session.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information
The 2022 Summit provides exclusive opportunities including exhibit space, speaking roles and live 'Tech Talks', product demonstrations, and networking receptionsContact us for sponsorship information