The "new normal" after more than two years of no face-to-face interaction is upon us. MSLs
as a primary field position now are having the opportunity to go back to the field and connect with KOLs while keeping the virtual tools to engage. Entering the hybrid world to be able to successfully engage with HCPs in their preferred ways.
Therefore, the role of the MSL
is evolving and MSLs
are being required to wear more hats than ever before. The involvement in different aspects of the lifecycle while providing value and maintaining compliant interactions with commercial and with KOLs.
The 2nd MSL Best Practices Summit
will focus on the Evolution of the role, the right use of metrics and the value they need to have when it comes to measuring the MSL
function, involvement in clinical trials, KOL engagement, building the right MSL
team and investing in educating and preparing your MSLs
for value interactions.
Top Reasons to Attend
- Execute change management of KPI implementation - Quality vs Quantity and how to convince management to adopt realistic and useful metrics for MSLs not focused on numbers but on impactful interactions
- Showcase the Value of Medical Affairs and MSLs within your company proving the impact Medical Affairs have generating revenue
- Build your MSL team from the ground up: best practices and what to look for in candidates, explore personality traits, career goals and aspirations
- Adapt to the generational gap of new MSLs and senior leadership: Account for demographic change and understand how newer MSLs communicate as 'digitally native'
- Analyze when and where to invest in your MSL teams: Explore the need to have new generations understand what needs to be done and what is important for medical affairs
- Establish the ideal MSL team aligned to both scientific and commercial goals: focus on personality, aptitudes and the optimal number of elements needed to have an effective MSL team for your specialty
- Lifecycle integration of medical affairs: integrate medical affairs earlier and understand how to work with clinical when they think medical affairs 'slows them down'
Who should attend?
This event is designed for pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device professionals with responsibilities in the following areas:
- Medical Affairs
- Medical Communications
- Scientific Affairs
- Field Medical
- Clinical Trials
- KOL Development
- Clinical Research
- Medical Education
- Clinical Investigation
- Business Intelligence
- Regulatory Affairs
- Medical Science
"This MSL Best Practices Summit is packed with so much valuable information. Each of the topics have built one upon another over the past two days. The presenters are extremely interactive with the virtual audience.
This is the first virtual meeting I've attended where I feel included and actively engaged.
All of the topics presented contain information, which is immediately applicable in an MSLs assigned region."
Senior MSL at Kyowa Kirin PHARMACEUTICALS
"A deep dive in the new MSL hybrid role, tools for embracing this new normal and enhancing how to bring value."
MSL Oncology at Bristol Myers Squibb
- Maja Beilmann-Schramm, Director Global Field Medical Excellence and HCP Exchange, MERCK
- Howard Berkowitz, Senior Medical Science Liaison, Respiratory & Immunology, NY Metro Region – US Field-Based Medical Affairs, SANOFI
- Chirag Bhagat, Associate Director, Field Medical Excellence & Operations, BLUEBIRD BIO
- Tom Caravela, Managing Partner, THE CAROLAN GROUP
- Charlie Cook, Sr. Director, Women’s Health and Metabolism Field Medical Team, PFIZER
- Britanny Cross, Director of Operational Excellence, Global Medical Affairs Excellence, KYOWA KIRIN
- Kelley Dacus, Senior Director Medical Affairs, RECORDATI RARE DISEASES
- Keely Dahl, Associate Medical Director, AURINIA PHARMACEUTICALS
- Kasmin Delgado, Associate Director MSLs
- Lauren DeRienzo, Associate Director, Global Medical Affairs, XENON PHARMACEUTICALS
- Howard Dorfman, Adjunct Professor, SETON HALL UNIVERSITY
- Jill Fenwick, Director Global Field Medical Excellence and HCP Exchange, EMD SERONO
- Naila Inam, Senior Manager, Medical Science Liaisons, Hematology-Oncology, AMGEN
- Vanessa Jacobsen, Senior Director, Global Medical Engagement Center of Excellence, GILEAD SCIENCES
- Tracey Jason, Head, Medical Affairs, Canada, AMYLYX PHARMACEUTICALS
- Caroline Ojaimi, Head of Global Publications – Oncology, TAKEDA
- Giovanni Passiatore, Head of US Medical Science Liaisons Rare Diseases, CHIESI USA
- Merideth Rodgers, Medical Director, REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS
- Andrew Shim, Executive Director, Head of Global HEOR/RWE, Global Medical Affairs, TURNING POINT THERAPEUTICS
- Angela Tom, National Director, US Field Medical Affairs, ORCHARD THERAPEUTICS
- Jodi Trivax, Senior Director-External Engagement, ELI LILLY
- Alyssa Vaysman, Medical Science Liaison, LEO PHARMA
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.