We are delighted to announce that the 5th annual Defence Safety conference will convene in London on the 3rd and 4th October 2022. This event is supported by the UK MoD's Defence Safety Authority.
As the leading global safety conference specifically focused on Defence, it will continue to promote safety as a core element of military activity and remains a forum for bringing together the leading international Service commanders and Defence industry stakeholders. The event is being planned and hosted with the support of the Defence Safety Authority (DSA), the UK MOD's independent body for regulation, assurance, enforcement, and accident investigation of safety in Defence.
The Defence Safety 2022 Conference will seek to address the most significant safety risks facing Defence, focusing on avoidable safety-related deaths and the potential capability and reputational implications for those who operate, supply and support Defence. For 2022, the theme will be Enhancing Safety Standards for the Future of Defence Innovation and Enterprise. Last year we explored in detail how Simplifying Safety would lead to better adoption and execution of safety across core Defence assets, and how new platforms and systems could benefit from leaner but equally comprehensive safety strategies. This year we will contemplate the importance of safety when considering the rapid pace of innovation; adapting people, culture, leadership, and strategy in relation to organizational change; and the enterprise's approach to promoting innovation safely in Defence.
- Air Commodore Joseph Medved, Director General, Defence Aviation Safety Authority, Royal Australian Air Force
- Air Commodore Sam Sansome, Inspector of Safety, Royal Air Force
- Air Marshal Steve Shell, Director General, Defence Safety Authority, UK MoD
- Air Vice Marshal Alan Gillespie, Director, Military Aviation Authority (MAA), UK MoD
- Brigadier Damien McLachlan, Director General Landworthiness, Australian Army
- Brigadier General Gene Meredith, Director of Army Safety and Commanding General, US Army Combat Readiness Center
- Brigadier General Pierre Campenfeldt, Director General, Defence Inspectorate for Medicine & Environmental Health, Swedish Armed Forces
- Colonel Graham Livingstone, Chief Army Safety, British Army
- Colonel Mark Bortnem, Director, USMC Safety Division, United States Marine Corps
- Colonel Renzo Versteeg, Head of Army Safety, Royal Netherlands Army
- Commodore Stuart Henderson, Navy Safety Director, Royal Navy
- Dr Raymond D O'Toole Jr, Principal Deputy Director, Office of the Director, Operational Test and Evaluation (DOTE), Department of Defense
- Major General Dick Van Ingen, Director of Occupational Health & Safety Policy, Netherlands Ministry of Defence
- Mr David King, Director Health, Safety and Environmental Protection, UK MoD
- Mr James Gavin, Head of the Future Capability Group, DE&S, UK MoD
- Mr Laurence Lee, Second Permanent Secretary, UK MoD
- Mr Richard Browning, Founder and Chief Test Pilot, Gravity Industries Ltd
- Mrs Hanne Marit Bjørk, Research Director, Innovation and Industrial Development, Norwegian Defence Research Establishment (FFI)
- Rear Admiral Chris Engdahl, Commander, Naval Safety Command, US Navy
- Rear Admiral James Parkin, Director Develop, Royal Navy
- The Honorable Shawn G. Skelly, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Readiness, US Department of Defense
- Vice Admiral Andrew Burns, Fleet Commander, Royal Navy
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueCopthorne Tara Hotel
Scarsdale Pl, Kensington, W8 5SY