Inspire and influence your team members to achieve your goals as a team!
Managers who will be promoted are the ones who not only manage efficiently but also lead their teams effectively. Learn how to work in a horizontal mode of operation apply a consistent theory in leading your team and teach critical leadership skills to members of your team, so each and every one of them can lead the team in your absence.
Why you should attend
- Know when to manage and when to lead your team
- Clearly visualize your goals and communicate them to your team
- Identify your market's needs to better target your team's efforts
- Help your team find creative solutions to workplace challenges
- Develop a high-performance team
- Use effective communication to motivate and coach
Would you like to learn more about when to lead and when to manage your team?
Would understanding techniques you can use to more clearly communicate your goals and get your team to deliver more effectively on these interest you?
How about receiving some tools, tips and techniques to help your team find creative techniques to solve problems?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our team members' and team's performance!
Areas Covered in the Session
- Understanding leadership style and the situation
- Integrating your leadership and managerial roles
- Examining the leader's role as motivator and coach and in high-performance teams
- Distinguishing the three team types
- Exploring the principles that make teams work
- Differentiating team content and process
- Diagnosing work-teams: a work-team simulation
Who Will Benefit
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor
Chris DeVany is the founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle’s clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He also has consulted to government agencies from the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Canada, Cayman Islands and the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance, in publications ranging from ASTD/Performance In Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team”, published by McGraw Hill and often accompanied by in-person, facilitated instruction, has helped and continues to help thousands of executives, managers and team leaders improve performance.
He has appeared hundreds of times on radio and television interview programs to discuss mergers and acquisitions (how to manage and survive them), project management, sales, customer service, effective workplace communication, management, handling rapid personal and organizational change and other topical business issues. He has served or is currently serving as a board member of the International Association of Facilitators, Sales and Marketing Executives International, American Management Association, American Society of Training and Development, Institute of Management Consultants, American Society of Association Executives, Meeting Professionals International and National Speakers Association. Chris is an award-winning Toastmaster’s International Competition speaker. He recently participated in the Fortune 500 Annual Management Forum as a speaker, panelist and seminar leader.
Chris has distinguished himself professionally by serving multiple corporations as manager and trainer of sales, operations, project management, IT, customer service and marketing professionals. Included among those business leaders are Prudential Insurance, Sprint, BayBank (now part of Bank of America), US Health Care and Marriott Corporation. He has assisted these organizations in mergers and acquisitions, facilitating post-merger and acquisition integration, developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, organizing inbound and outbound call center programs, training and development of management and new hires, and fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovation initiatives. Chris holds degrees in management studies and organizational behavior from Boston University. He has traveled to 22 countries and 47 states in the course of his career.
Time: 08:00 AM PDT | 11:00 AM EDT
- Develop a Definition of Leadership
- Define the Difference between Leadership Style and Leadership Attitude
- Define Leadership as Service
- Differentiate Operational, Transformational, and Visionary Leadership
- Define Various Types of Teams
- Develop Insight into Your Current Leadership Position and Leadership Process
- Visionary Leadership
- Describe the Importance of Vision
- Align the Organization and Team to the Vision
- Synthesize the Interplay among Vision, Information, and Relationships
- Describe How Teams Operate in a Chaotic Environment
- Demonstrate How to Develop a Team's Vision, Mission, and Ground Rules
- Leadership Style
- Diagnose Your Leadership Style
- Apply the Most Effective Leadership Style to a Situation
- Individual and Team Motivation
- Describe Basic Motivation Concepts
- Differentiate Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation
- Develop the Keys to a Motivated Workforce
- Define the Concept of Alignment
- Prepare to Coach
- Apply a Coaching Process
- Practice Coaching Techniques
- Building a Team
- Describe the Characteristics of Effective Teams
- Determine When to Build a Team
- Develop Skills for Facilitating Teams
- Celebrate the Team's Achievements
- Effective Strategic Management
- Managing time more effectively
- Managing effectively using metrics
- Communicating and integrating organization goals and mission more effectively with our team members' performance
- The Leader's, Team-Builder's and Manager's Action Plan
- What action steps will I take to lead more effectively?
- What action steps will I take to more effectively build our team?
- What action steps will I take to manage more effectively?
- Executing your Action Plans
The agenda is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to receive an alert when the agenda becomes available.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.