Digitalisation in Shipping
has seen major acceleration of late, mainly fuelled by increasing shipping demands brought on by COVID-19, as well as new technologies and software that aid shipfarers and managers to collect, organise and use data efficiently.
At this crucial crossroads, between old school shipping, and new digital techniques, this conference will focus on the latest shipping technologies, challenges with cyber security, the prospect of AI in Shipping, the human side of digitalisation and how digital data can help the environment.
This two-day event will bring together leading experts in the field of maritime digitalisation, connectivity and research. Join us in London to exchange views with peers, hear expert opinions and developments, and engage in excellent networking opportunities.
- Industry Review: The Effects of COVID-19 on Digitalisation in Shipping.
- Innovations in Standardisation and Organisation of Data Exchange.
- Blockchain Technology for Securing and Streamlining Documentation Processes.
- Developments in Satellite Connectivity.
- Discussing the Social Impact of Digitalisation on Crew Lifestyle and Health.
- Highlighting the Importance of Well-trained Crews to Manage, Understand and Act on Digital Data.
- Decarbonising the Maritime Industry Through Digitalisation.
- Assessing Challenges and Opportunities in Cyber Security.
- The Future of AI in Shipping.
- Discussing Collaboration in the Digital Maritime Industry.
- Ownership and Control of Data.
Who Will Attend?
The Great Lockdowns
- Ship Ownders and Management Companies
- Maritime Service Providers
- Financial Stakeholders
- International Maritime Associations
- Technology and Software Providers
- Research Centres and Institutes
- Policy, Regulation & Environmental Associations
We are doing everything to ensure that all its events go ahead as advertised, returning to the much-missed and valuable face-to-face interaction as soon as possible. In order to ensure the events are delivered as safely as possible, venues are chosen and procedures are adjusted in line with the relevant local and regulations and guidelines.
These have been exceptionally challenging times with very fast-moving updates. As we get closer to an event we look at each one individually, paying careful heed to local regulations, but without ignoring the international situation. Whatever happens, we will safeguard the investments that attendees have made by either automatically moving it to the new dates of the event or a full credit will be provided for use when booking a future ACI event.
Early Confirmed Speakers
- George Pitaoulis, Marine Personnel & Development Director, ABC Maritime
- Christopher Stein, Lead Engineer, Maritime Cybersecurity Newbuild, Royal Caribbean Group
- Kevin Forshaw, Director of Industrial and Strategic Partnerships, University of Plymouth
- Mees van de Wiel, Business Consultant Strategy and Innovation, Portbase
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.