Our Military Healthcare Summits have become highly recognized and respected forums where members of the military healthcare community can come together for an advanced and focused curriculum on up to date clinical diagnosis and treatment techniques, lessons learned from the battlefield and panel discussions that also allow participants to earn continuing education credits.
Recognizing that the care and well being of our warfighters does not stop when they return home, we are proud to welcome a diverse group of subject matters being addressed by both DoD and VA speakers. The San Diego edition of our healthcare portfolio will focus on the US Navy, US Marine Corps and US Coast Guard’s military healthcare initiatives and advancements within the past year and for years to come.
As our troops return from theater, healthcare professionals need to identify many of their symptoms, both physical and behavioral. Many of the psychological wounds, such as TBI and PTSD, are diagnosed after warfighters return, which is why this topic is so instrumental at this year’s event. Attendees will leave with a better understanding of the current issues facing our Warfighters from Level 1 through to CONUS and back to the “playing field.”
By participating in our Military Healthcare San Diego Summit, you will have the exceptional opportunity to take part in continued discussions where debate, dialogue, and networking are encouraged. After the event delegates will understand the future of military healthcare, advanced technological solutions and latest Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs initiatives.
The agenda will focus on:
- Electronic Military Heath Records
- Mental and Behavioral Health Disorders
- Health Promotion and Risk Reduction
- Pain Management Rehabilitation
- Continuum of Care
- The future of Military Healthcare
What makes Healthcare Symposium your must-attend event for 2012?
- Gain exposure to the top government agencies and military offices dedicated to advancing military healthcare systems and implementation
- Learn about latest advancements in facillity upgrades, medical research and technology
- Understand the most prominent challenges in military healthcare today and possible solutions
- Discover future initiatives of the Department of Defense and the Department of Veteran Affairs
Who You Will Meet?
The Military Healthcare Summit will attract active members of the military medical community working in various capacities from Level 1 to CONUS with the following responsibilities:
- Surgical Care
- Physical and Mental Rehabilitation
- Research and Development
- Medical Readiness
- Health Services
- Force Health Protection
- Medical Support
- Psychological Care
- Case Management
Venue & Accommodation
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
1775 East Mission Bay Drive
San Diego, California
92109, United States
The Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa is just six miles from the San Diego International Airport, and right on San Diego's famous Mission Bay. This resort and spa is conveniently located one mile from San Diego SeaWorld and offers 5-star service. A romantic paradise of palms and perfect sandy bayfronts, this bayside retreat is complete with our all-new $5 million dollar crown jewel, Spa Brezza, state-of-the-art fitness center, beautifully refreshed guestrooms, plus Concerts on the Bay. From championship tennis courts to waterfront fine dining, wherever your inspiration comes from, the Hilton San Diego, CA Resort and Spa is your destination and your retreat.
Group Rate: $133 plus 12.55% tax per night
Please identify you are part of the IDGA – Military Healthcare group to ensure the special rate, based on availability. Note that you are eligible for this rate three day prior and three days post the event, based on availability. Book your room prior to November 12, 2012.
Reservations Phone: 877-313-6645The agenda is available as PDF under downloads
- Sharon Wills PhD, Team Lead, Central Texas Veternas Healthcare System
- Robert McLay, Research Director, Naval Medical Center San Diego
- Captain William Adams, USMC, US Marine Corps Wounded Warrior Regiment
- Carie Rodgers, Associate Director, VA Center of Excellence
- Major Bart Thomas, USAF, Defense Medical Readiness Training Institute
- Major Christopher Ivany, Chief, Mobile Health Services, Evans Army Community Hospital
- Robert Flores, Program Manager, NAVMISSA
- Michael Wiener, Protocol Officer, US Naval Medical Center, San Diego
- Nicole Borden, Senior Program Director – Military Healthcare, Institute for Defense and Government Advancement
- Commander Redd Brown USN, Deputy Surgeon, Join Force HQ
- William Walders, CIO, Walter Reed National Medical Center
- Rick McCarthy, CIO, Naval Medical Center, Virginia
- Scott Krasovitz, Independent Military, Healthcare Consultant