The 5th annual Directed Energy Symposium
will provide a forum for members of the DoD, federal government, military services, research labs, industry, and academia to discuss current and future innovations in directed energy
systems to enhance the warfighter's capability in multi-domain operations.
Topics to be covered at the 2022 Symposium:
- Applying Directed Energy to Counter the Growing UAS Threat
- Leveraging the Power of the Electromagnetic Spectrum to Mature Directed Energy Weapons
- Developing and Implementing Directed Energy Capabilities Across the DoD
- Integrating Directed Energy Technology into the Missile Defense System
- Optimizing Directed Energy's Integration and Interoperability in Force Structure
- Protecting and Defending U.S. National Interests with Investments in Directed Energy Systems
Why You Should Attend This Symposium:
As the future battlefield becomes increasingly more complex and technologically advanced, the joint forces are aggressively pursuing the development of directed energy
weapons to maintain relevance in the fight. Our 2022 Directed Energy
Symposium will explore the increasing need to develop and deploy directed energy
capabilities as a complement to kinetic systems to boost the U.S.'s ability to project power and deterrence.Directed Energy
weapons have the potential to provide low cost, high capacity capabilities to defend against emerging enemy missiles threats and the rise of non-state actors utilizing commercial UAV platforms. The pace at which America’s enemies are developing these new systems and tactics will require the US to ramp up its own development of directed energy
systems and move this technology from the labs to the battlefield. Directed Energy
weapons have the potential to counter the advantage that emerging technologies have provided potential enemies and shift the balance back to the US Warfighter.
This year's event will focus on the increasing need across the military services to develop and field directed energy
weapons to distract, disengage, or destroy enemy missiles, ISR systems, UAS, and other threats. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from and ask questions to senior leadership on what each service is doing programmatically to advance DEW capabilities.
Join us at this year's event to hear senior level speakers discuss the advantages and disadvantages, along with the successes and challenges of researching and developing directed energy
systems and to interact with our panel, which will explore the vital role directed energy
weapons can have in countering threats posed by unmanned aircraft systems.
At our Symposium You Have the Ability To:
- Gain Education & Insight: Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing our Directed Energy Community.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
- Influence: Help foster ideas. Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information:
The Directed Energy Symposium
provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.Contact us for sponsorship information
Sunset Room at National Harbor MarinaHotels
137 National Plaza, 20745
National Harbor, Oxon Hill, MD
Hyatt Place National Harbor (0.1mi from venue). Please click here
to reserve your room at our group rate.Parking
For a list of nearby parking options, please click this link: https://parking.nationalharbor.com/