The 5th Annual Advanced Materials for Defense Summit
will discuss initiatives towards researching and developing advanced materials
and manufacturing processes that will significantly shape future operational effectiveness through lighter, more powerful, and cost-effective military and defense systems. The 2022 Summit will aim to advance the affordability, readiness, sustainability, and logistical effectiveness of U.S. Defense capabilities necessary for the future fight.
Topics to be covered at the 2022 Summit:
- Ensuring a robust, secure, and resilient defense industrial base to meet Warfighters needs
- Facilitating advanced materials science and technology research to ensure soldier superiority
- Delivering leading-edge capabilities to the Soldier to enhance combat overmatch against current and future threats
- Leading the research & development of advanced, next-gen air & space capabilities
- Supplying affordable and sustainable material readiness to support DoD warfighting capabilities
- Preventing and controlling corrosion to maximize the sustainability of advanced materials across the DoD
- Solving the strategic and critical material needs for national defense
- Innovative research and development in advanced materials
Why You Should Attend This Summit:
Our 5th Advanced Materials for Defense Summit
will convene senior level experts from across the Military Services, DoD Labs, Federal Government, Academia, & Industry for a 'Town-Hall' type forum to discuss initiatives towards researching and developing advanced materials
and manufacturing processes that will significantly shape future operational effectiveness through lighter, more powerful, and cost-effective military and defense systems. Attendees at the 5th Annual Advanced Materials for Defense
will have unique opportunity to examine the current and future technologies and strategies designed toward developing and implementing advanced materials
and manufacturing into military and defense systems and platforms to maximize Warfighter readiness.
Rapid shifts to the global security environment are presenting significant new challenges to the U.S. military as adversaries are quickly modernizing and highly adaptive, consequently, the need for materials science research and engineering is growing. Advanced materials
provide important benefits to military and defense capabilities such as improved functionality, enhanced survivability, greater ease of maintenance, and lower life cycle cost. The 2022 agenda will address specific topics including material science and technology research, corrosion policy, sustaining material readiness in support of the Warfighter, maintaining a secure and resilient defense industrial base, and innovative technologies and capabilities needed for the future fight. This year's panel will discuss the advanced materials
needed for the development of hypersonic weapons. In addition to innovative solutions to the challenges of developing functional and resilient hypersonic capabilities.
Our team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Summit's content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in advanced materials
science, acquisition, logistics, and sustainment communities as well as key policy makers across military and civilian offices. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
At Our Summit You Have the Ability To:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing our advanced materials community.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Exhibit and Sponsorship Opportunities Available!
The Advanced Material for Defense Summit
provides opportunities including space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Contact us for sponsorship information
VenueMary M. Gates Learning Center
701 N Fairfax St, 22314
Alexandria, VA, USAParking
There is no parking at the Learning Center for delegates, and street parking is limited to 2 hours
Please Note: Parking is NO LONGER AVAILABLE at the former Crowne Plaza Hotel (901 N. Fairfax St., Alexandria, VA) Hotel Rooms are available at a discounted rate at:
SHERATON SUITES OLD TOWN ALEXANDRIA
801 North St. Asaph Street, Alexandria, VA 22314Hotel Discount Reservation Link
(Two walking blocks to venue)