The continent of Africa is experiencing the highest number of cyber-attacks on critical infrastructures globally. This is due to the fact that many African nations are only starting to develop their cyber security strategy and defence capabilities.
With this in mind, we are pleased to once again host our Cyber Intelligence Africa conference and exhibition in Johannesburg, South Africa on the 17th - 18th January 2023. Our event will bring together government agencies from across Africa to discuss national cyber security strategies, policies, development and challenges faced.
During the event you will hear from leading government officials who are directly involved with implementing the national cyber security programs. You will also hear of recent cybercrimes faced across the continent and response procedures to these attacks.
2022 Speakers Included
- Brigadier Piet Pieterse, Head of Cybercrime Investigation (CCI), South African Police Service (SAPS)
- Dhamir Mannai, Head of National Cyber Security Strategy, Government of Tunisia
- Carmen Corbin, Head of Counter Cybercrime Programming – Africa, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- Ouanilo Jérôme Medegan, Director, National Systems Security Agency, Benin
- Vladimir Aman, Head, Ivory Coast Computer Emergency Response Team (CICERT)
- Arnold Mangeni, Director of Information Security, National Information Technology Authority (NITA), Uganda
- Dr. Lawan Mohammed, Ag. Director, Cyber Security Department, National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), Nigeria
- Philip Irode, Deputy Director, ICT Security and Cyber, ICT Authority, Kenya
- Songezo Mbambisa, Deputy Director, Cybercrime, City of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Omar Daas, Senior Cybercrime Officer, The African Union Mechanism for Police Cooperation (AFRIPOL)
- David Roberts, Economic Officer, Transportation, ICT and Cyber), U.S. Embassy, Pretoria
- Rennett Mbako Maphane,
Security Architect and Technical Lead, Department of Information
Technology, Ministry of Transport and Communications, Botswana
- Renier van Heeren, Cyber Security Team Lead, South African National Research Network (SANReN)
- Professor Basie von Solms, Director, Centre for Cyber Security, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
The full agenda is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to receive an alert when the agenda becomes available.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.