CBRNe is still a major concern across Europe and especially more heightened with the current unstable situation in Eastern Europe. We are pleased to bring our annual event to Lisbon, Portugal, for the first time, to allow you to continue hearing from leading military, government and scientific officials.
Our CBRNe Summit Europe conference and exhibition will take place on the 21st - 23rd March 2023 and is officially supported by the Lisbon Fire Brigade and Lisbon City Hall. The event will continue its normal format of two days of presentations and networking in the exhibitor hall. With the third day being a live demonstration and exercise by the Lisbon Fire Brigade showcasing their CBRNe capabilities. For the first time vendors will also be able to demonstrate their products in a live setting to our international audience.
The two-day conference will discuss the new CBRNe threats being faced and the importance of sharing information and experiences to deal with potential threats. You will hear perspectives from both civil and military agencies from across Europe and North America. Participants will gain an understanding of national CBRNe capabilities and response procedures.
Further topics that will be discussed are CBRNe capabilities, first responder techniques and procedures, radiation safety, increased threat of chemical and biological attacks, asymmetric threats and international cooperation.
Live Demonstration - Thursday 23 Mar 2023Hosted by the Lisbon Fire Department.
The exercise will take place on a subway carriage and intend to reproduce a tactical safety and security emergency response to a dirty bomb explosion. The exercise will carry out by the Lisbon Fire Brigade with its CBRNe Intervention Team in partnership with the Special Police Unit, from the National Police, and the Portuguese Army together with the Metropolitano de Lisboa that afforded their maintenance facilities for the exercise.
- Brigadier General Dr. Frederic Dorandeu, Head, Research and Innovation Desk, Health Service Directorate, French Armed Forces
- Colonel Tiago Manuel Batista Lopes, Commander, Lisbon Fire Brigade
- Colonel Carlos Ardanaz, Head, CBRN Military School, Ministry of Defence, Spain
- Colonel Oliver Toderiska, Head of CBRN Corps, Slovakian Army
- Colonel Wolfgang Reich, Deputy Director, JCBRN Defence Centre of Excellence
- Colonel Anderson Pedreira Silva (Ret), CBRN Defense Analyst at the 3rd Sub Chief of Staff, Brazilian Army
- Armenio Jose Louro Liceia, Commander, EOD and CBRN Unit, Special Police Unit, National Police Force, Portugal
- Lieutenant Colonel Steve Jacobsen, Head of International Cooperation, Standardization and Doctrines Branch, CBRN Defence Command, Bundeswehr
- Captain David Nabais, Commander, CBRN Defense Coy, Portuguese Army
- Captain Sergio Correia, Commander, EOD Coy, Portuguese Army
- Police Lieutenant Colonel Nandor Kocsis, Head of CBRN Department, Counter Terrorism Centre, Hungary
- Luis Portugal, Head of Unit, Emergency Preparedness and Response Unit (EPRE), Department of Emergencies and Radiation Protection, Portuguese Environment Agency (APA)
- Dr. Antonella Cavallo, rescEU CBRN Lead, Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations, European Commission
- Lieutenant Colonel Ladislava Navratilova, Scientist, Chemical Expert and Emergency Responder, Population Protection Institute, General Directorate of the Fire Rescue Service of the Czech Republic
- Dr. Patrick Mullan, CB Response Technical Lead, DSTL
- Chief Inspector Mark Roberts, Operations Department, Police Service of Northern Ireland
- Major Daniele Del Gaudio, Head of CBRN Specialist Support Office, Ministry of Defence, Italy
- Major Giancarlo Romana, PROT Course Director and Instructor, Protection Department, NATO School
- Dr. Sophie Allain Ioos, Biosecurity and Health Security Protection Unit, Epidemic and Pandemic Preparedness and Prevention Department, World Health Organisation
- Laurent Robert, Weapons Contamination, CBRN Advisor, International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Derek Broadbent, Business Development Manager, Argon Electronics
- Pauline Gareau, Senior International Products Manager, SERB Pharmaceuticals
- Jon Hall, QFSM, European lead on CBRN Advice and Research, Resilience Advisors Network
- Professor Roberto Mugavero, President, OSDIFE
- Dr. Hazem Matar, Associate Professor, Toxicology Research Group, University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- Dr. Donell Harvin, Senior Homeland Security Researcher, Emergency & Disaster Management Program, Georgetown University, United States
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
VenueDoubleTree by Hilton Fontana Park Hotel
Rua Eng Vieira da Silva 2, 1050-105
Lisbon, PortugalHotel Booking
Delegates have a special rate of 149EUR per night, please use link below to book. View Hotel Booking Website