Delivering Cutting-Edge Technology and the Power of Data to Healthcare Providers and the Military Veterans they Serve
As the nation's largest integrated healthcare system, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs is tasked with the vital duty of ensuring that our military veterans receive the highest-quality care available to them. With this duty comes a great number of challenges, not only due to the pandemic, but with aging healthcare centers, supply chain issues and technology.
In accordance with Secretary McDonough's announcement that the VA plans to focus on principles of Advocacy, Access, Outcomes and Excellence to improve veteran's healthcare, we will bring together Military, Government, private health care providers, academia and consultants to give an overview of how we can improve healthcare access and delivery to our nation's veterans.
2023 Focused Modules Include:
- IT System Modernization
- Enabling Data Driven Healthcare Decisions
- Enhancing Clinical Capabilities: Next Generation Digital Tools and Medical Devices
- Special Focus on DoD-VA Population Health Priorities
Military Healthcare - Who's Attending
- Air Force Pentagon
- Albany Stratton VA Medical Center
- Defense Health Agency
- Federal Electronic Health Record Modernization
- James A. Haley Veterans Hospital & Clinics
- National Center for Collaborative Healthcare Innovation
- Philadelphia VA Medical Center
- Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs – National Acquisition Center
- US Army
- US Department of Veterans Affairs
- US Senate
- VA Boston Healthcare System
- VHA Office of Clinical Informatics
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Advanced Oxygen Therapy Inc.
- After the DD-214
- Principal Innovation, LLC
- University of Pittsburgh
This summit will be closed to press.
Although the subject matter of this conference relates to Military and Veterans Healthcare, this is a non-VA event. The Department of Veterans Affairs nor any of its components (VHA, VBA) have sponsored or endorsed this event or the organiser.
The National Think Tank on VA Women's Health System Modernization
March 16, 2023, 8:45am - 5:00pm
Join us to gain a deeper understanding of the current and future care needs of women service members, as well as explore innovative approaches, and opportunities to optimize the delivery of women-specific healthcare services.
Add this Think Tank Day to your Next Generation Military and Veterans Healthcare System
registration or attend the day separately.
- COL/R/USA Ron Poropatich, MD, MS, Director, Center for Military Medicine Research, Professor of Medicine – Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh
- Dr. David Shulkin, Ninth Secretary, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Akshar Abbott, MD, Ophthalmologist, Veterans Affairs VISN 23
- Daniel Abrahamson, MoPOC, National Program Manager, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Colonel (ret) John Barrett, MD, Deputy Director, War Related Illness & Injury Study Center, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Sean Biggerstaff, Acting Director, Research & Engineering Directorate, Defense Health Agency
- Jesus Caban, Chief Clinical and Research Informatics, NICoE, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Dr. Rory A. Cooper, Founding Director and CEO, Human Engineering Research Laboratories, University of Pittsburgh
- Dr. Matthew Garoufalis, Chief Medical Officer, Advanced Oxygen Therapy Inc.
- Meredith Josephs, MD, MPH, FAAFP, FAMIA, Executive Director, Connected Health, Veterans Health Administration
- Brian C. Lein, MD, Assistant Director, Healthcare Administration, Defense Health Agency
- Dr. Peter Liacouras, Director of Services, 3D Medical Applications Center, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Dr. Matthew Miller, Executive Director, Suicide Prevention, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Thomas Osborne, Director, National Center for Collaborative Healthcare Innovation
- Dr. Ravi Parikh, Staff Physician and Medical Oncologist, Philadelphia VA Medical Center
- Michelle Prisco, Deployment Health Clinician, Research & Educator, War Related Illness & Injury Study Center, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Matthew Quinn, Science Director, Army Telehealth & Advanced Technology Research Center (TATRC)
- Ken Rubin, FHL7, Senior Advisor, Standards and Interoperability, VHA Office of Clinical Informatics
- Josh Sackman, President & Co-Founder, AppliedVR
- Kate Schopmeyer, DPT, Pain Management, Opioid Safety & Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Coordinator, Doctor of Physical Therapy, VISN 21 Sierra Pacific Network
- Lauren Thompson, President & CEO, Principal Innovation, LLC
National Think Tank on VA Women’s Health System Modernization
- Cynthia Izuno Macri, MD, CAPT MC USN (Ret.)
- Richard Loubriel, Associate Director, Albany Stratton VA Medical Center
- Nancy Maher, Senior Program Analyst, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Sarah Maples, Founder, After the DD-214
- Kristin M. Mattocks, PhD, MPH, Associate Chief of Staff/Research and Education, VA Central Western Massachusetts Healthcare System
- Lindsey L. Monteith, PhD, Clinical Research Psychologist, Rocky Mountain MIRECC, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Alea A. Nadeem, Major USAF, Department of the Air Force Barrier Analysis Working Group, Women's Initiatives Team, Air Force Pentagon
- Jacquelyn M. Paykel, MD, MBA, OB/Gyn & Integrative Medicine, Chief Whole Health Service and Chief Well-being Officer, James A. Haley Veterans Hospital & Clinics
- Nicole A. Sciarrino, Psy.D., Psychologist, PTSD Clinical Team, MST Coordinator, Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center
- Dawne S. Vogt, PhD, Research Scientist, Women’s Health Sciences, Division, National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Congress Agenda of this event.
VenueHilton Arlington National Landing
2399 Richmond Highway, 22202
Arlington, VA, USABook