Welcome to the 15th Operational Energy Summit!
Now in it's 15th year, our Operational Energy Summit
is the leading conference addressing U.S. DoD energy priorities and ensuring opportunities to enhance military capability, readiness, and resilience for the warfighter, while mitigating and reducing the risk and cost in the supply and use of energy in operations and training are met.
The 2023 Operational Energy Summit
will focus on the following themes, to confront the challenge of the increased reliance, demand and consumption of fossil fuels:
- How to reduce soldier burden and increase mission duration
- How to reduce logistics and increase flexibility
- How to integrate technological tools and enhance performance efficiencies
As the United States Department of Defense and their constituent branches continue to hone their operational energy strategies and focus on delivering accessible, efficient, renewable and powerful energy solutions to enhance future operations, soldier lethality and survivability, the 2023 Operational Energy Summit
will delve into the continually changing and challenging operating environment for U.S. troops and NATO allies.
Join us as we make a sharp and clear push to advance operational energy and logistics capabilities that reduce the vulnerability of deployed forces to energy disruption and increase the range, reach, time on station, and performance of combat forces.
Top Reasons to Attend
- Determine new priorities for the future development and delivery of force designs and acquisition of energy resources and power related technologies
- Get up to date on the Climate Adaption Plan and understand how U.S. forces are responding to it in practical terms by applying a climate-lens to decision making
- Hear about the latest OE military requirements and initiatives from the DoD, MoD and NATO to enhance and streamline energy resiliency efforts
- Review the progress made from the Operational Energy Strategy and better understand the operational environment and uncover opportunities to enhance mission success
- Learn about the impact and implementation of Multi Domain Operations 2028 and how this is shaping the future operating environment
"Very informative with good presentations and clear definition of today’s situation and future vision. Good questions/discussions."
- Lieutenant General Kevin Vereen, Deputy Chief of Staff, G9 Installations, U.S. Army, The Pentagon
- Lieutenant General Karsten Heckl, Commanding General, Marine Corps Combat Development Command
- Lieutenant General Richard Wardlaw OBE MSc BEng MInstRE, Chief of Defence Logistics and Support, UK Strategic Command
- Major General Mark T. Simerly, Commanding General, Combined Arms Support Command
- Kristina M. O'Brien SES, Principal Deputy Director of Strategic Logistics, J4, Joint Staff, The Pentagon
- Leigh E. Method SES, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Logistics, U.S. Department of Defense
- Roberto Guerrero SES, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Operational Energy, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Environment and Energy
- Oliver Fritz, Director for Operational Energy, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Environment and Energy Resilience and Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Energy, Installations, and Environment
- Jim Caley, Director of Operational Energy, Research, Development & Acquisition, Department of the Navy
- Dr. Andrew Nelson Ph.D., SSTM, Director, Construction Engineering Research Laboratory - U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center
- Lieutenant Colonel Thomas F. Meagher, Division Chief, AFWERX Prime
- OF-4 Wsewolod Rusow, Head of Research and Lessons Learned Division, NATO ENERGY SECURITY CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
- Nathan Cornell, Program Manager, Operational Energy, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army - Energy and Sustainability
- Doug French, Energy Portfolio, Senior Program Manager, Defense Innovation Unit (DIU)
- Tom Morehouse , Former Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Operational Energy Plans and Programs, U.S. Department of Defense
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
Hyatt Regency RestonPhone
1800 Presidents Street, 20190
Reston, Virginia, USA
: +1 703-709-1234WEB
: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/virginia/hyatt-regency-reston/restoGroup Rate
: $229 per night, excluding breakfast, applicable taxes and fees.Reservation Method
: Reserve your room by clicking on the reservation link below. We have reserved a selection of rooms at the discounted group rate, subject to availability;https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/RESTO/G-IQPMCut-off date
: Monday, February 20th, 2023 (After the 20th of February, the group rate will be offered based on hotel availability only.) Rate is available 3 days prior and 3 days post the event dates. However, these rates are subject to availability and will not be available past the group cut-off date.