We are pleased to announce the 11th Annual European Algae Industry Summit
will take place on the 19th-20th April 2023 in Lisbon, Portugal.
The event will once again bring together key players within the algae industry
including leaders from cosmetics, food, feed, biomaterials, nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals across the globe allowing attendees to gain a deeper understanding of recent industry developments and, most importantly, economically viable applications.
- Market Overview of Industry Trends & Drivers
- Algae Foods; an Industry Blooming
- Cutting-Edge Advancements in Algae Protein for Plant-Based Products
- Managing EU Regulations across the Industry
- Capitalising on the Success of Spirulina
- Astaxanthin the Oceanic Carotenoid
- Enhancing Algae’s Reputation as a Sustainable Alternative
- Furthering the Evolution of Algae in Cosmetics and Personal Care
- Prospects for Algae bioplastics and Biofuel
- Adapting Approaches to Production in an Ever-Expanding Market
Who Will Attend
- Algae producers & cultivation plant owners and operators
- Algae end market users in nutrition, cosmetics, pigments, animal feed, bioplastics, agriculture and many more
- Leading algae/biomass research institutes, technology providers for cultivation, harvesting, dewatering, drying, oil extraction and processing
- Plant engineers and constructors, green energy & biotech investors
- Green energy/biotechnology investors: venture capitalists, private equity firms etc. looking to invest in new & emerging markets
- Regulators & governments: organisations looking into the regulation of algae-based product
- Photobioreactor and Cultivation System Providers
During the afternoon of Tuesday 18th April, a day prior to the summit, a limited number of conference delegates will have the unique opportunity to visit Green Aqua’s BIOFAT.PT industrial project at ALGATEC Eco Business Park.
ALGATEC Eco Business Park is the result of a partnership between Green Aqua group, A4F Algae for Future group and the chemical company HyChem. Located near Lisbon, where the Tagus river meets the Atlantic Ocean, ALGATEC benefits from a privileged location. Rich in raw materials and industrial infrastructures, it is designed to welcome companies and projects in the algae and microalgae sector, promoting innovation and sustainable development.
Promoted by Green Aqua, BIOFAT.PT is the largest industrial project located in the Eco Business Park. Occupying an area of 10 hectares, it aims to produce 270 tons of microalgae per year, for the extraction of an oil rich in Omega-3 and high-quality protein for food supplements. BIOFAT.PT is a direct consequence of the European FP7 research project BIOFAT.
There is no extra charge to join the site visit, although places are limited and allocated to the conference delegates on first come first served basis. Therefore, we would strongly suggest to book your place early to avoid disappointment.
Please note that, due to compliance reasons, attendance is subject to approval by Green Aqua.
- Vitor Verdelho, General Manager, EABA
- Jean-Paul Cadoret, Chief Scientific Officer, Algama
- Sammy Boussiba, Head of Microalgal Biotechnology Laboratory, Ben Gurion University of the Negev
- Jonathon Meakin, Senior Manager Technology Innovation – Sustainability, Adidas
- Eugene Wang, CEO & Founder, Sophie’s Bionutrients
- Maris Stulgis, Policy Officer Aquaculture, Algae and Blue Bio Economy, European Commission
- Roberta Roesler, Head of R&D, The Body Shop
- Renana Krebs, CEO, Algaeling
- Christel Lamaire, Marketing Manager Nutritional Ingredients, Microphyt
- Elliot Roth, Founder & CEO, Spira
- Olivier Lepine, Managing Director, ALGOSOURCE
- Ghislaine Tissot Lecuelle, President, Alganelle
- Helena Abreu, Co-Founder, Algaplus
- Maud Benoit, Services Manager Extraction, Analyses & Application, Algaia
- Gustav Knutsson, Production Manager, Swedish Algae Factory
- Fabrice de Panthou, Business Development Director, Inalve
- Carlos Unamunzga, Managing Director, Fitoplancton Marino
- Eduardo Morgado, Secretary Of IPQ/CT211, CEN/TC 454 Algae & Algae Products
- Jan Eric Jessen, Head of R&D, Algalif
- Edoardo Cutolo, Professor, Verona University
- Maria Barbosa, Professor, Wageningen University
- Henning Loecken, Algae Researcher, Institut für Textiltechnik Aachen University
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueRamada by Wyndham Lisbon Hotel
Av. Eng. Arantes and Oliveira 9, 1900-221
Phone: +351 21 843 4200