We are proud to host the 9th annual Future Soldier Technology conference, returning to London on the 7th - 8th of March 2023, and with our popular Dismounted Situational Awareness Focus Day taking place on the 6th March 2023.
Building on the enormous success of our previous eight annual meetings, Future Soldier Technology 2023 will be an excellent international gathering of senior officers and programme managers who are seeking to enhance their programmes. Additionally, this forum offers an excellent platform for programme managers within the military to interface with senior experts from within the defence industry.
Future Soldier Technology 2023 will return to London larger than ever to discuss Soldier Modernisation Programmes, and how these projects are driving infantry capabilities into the future and making the dismounted soldier more lethal, protected and ready to fight in the challenging conditions of the modern-day battlefield.
Future Soldier Technology 2023 strives to enhance the learning and development of future soldier programme managers and practitioners through briefings and panel discussions. As the only dedicated future soldier focussed conference, we endeavour to deliver genuine insight and learning through the expertly selected participants who run our discussions and panels, ensuring the latest developments from all parts of the community (industry and military) are covered in great detail.
The conference will feature a dedicated Dismounted Situational Awareness Focus Day with updates from British and NATO allied armed forces discussing the modernisation of dismounted soldier communications and spatial awareness capabilities using existing and emerging next-generation equipment and technologies.
The two-day main conference will cover all other aspects vital to the modernisation of the future soldier. The morning of both days will feature plenary sessions, focusing on international soldier modernisation programme updates and with industry sponsor partners showcasing their solutions to the audience.
The main conference afternoons will split into streams, to focus on more specifically aspects of the dismounted soldier and their equipment.
Day One will cover soldier survivability in Stream A, discussing ballistic protection, hard and soft armour, mobility and more. Stream B will discuss how to solve the important issue of supporting the soldier’s equipment in the face of ever-growing power demands.
Day Two will cover the ever-growing importance of robotics and AI in supporting the dismounted solider in Stream A, from drones and UAVs for advances reconnaissance and situational awareness to unmanned ground vehicles for logistic and resupply support. Stream B will discuss on Night Vision and Optics, including the impact these advanced capabilities will have on dismounted soldier lethality.
- Captain Konstantijn Strick, Material Manager for Weapons and Sensors, Belgian Ministry of Defence
- Colonel (Ret.) Richard Hansen, Former Program Manager, Soldier Warrior, PEO Soldier, U.S. Army
- Colonel Art van Beekhuizen, Project Manager Soldier Modernisation Program, Defence Materiel Organisation, Dutch Armed Forces
- Colonel Dan Anders-Brown, Customer Interface Team Lead, MERCURY Programme Manager, Future Capability Group, DE&S, UK MoD
- Colonel János Pölöskei, Branch Leader, Command and Control Systems Development Branch, Force Planning Directorate, Hungarian Defence Forces Command Force Planning Directorate
- Colonel Mick O Sullivan, Director Dismounted Combat Program, Australian Army
- Colonel Paul Cummings, Dismounted Close Combat Portfolio Leader, STSP, DE&S, UK MOD
- Colonel Tibor Szabo, Chief Senior Advisor to the Chief of Transformation, Force Planning Directorate, Hungarian Defence Forces Command
- Command Sergeant Major Niels Moelleskov, Chairman of CCIEP under LCGDSS, Danish Artillery Regiment
- Dr Darren Browning, Senior Technical Lead - Power Sources, DSTL, UK MoD
- Dr James Luke, Innovation Director, Roke
- Dr Martin Hagström, Programme Manager Weapon and Protection, Swedish Defence Research Agency (FOI)
- Dr Navin Mathur, Senior Scientist, US Army DEVCOM C5ISR Center
- Dr Nicolas G. Mueller, Head of Weapons and Ammunition, armasuisse - Federal Office for Defence Procurement
- Dr Robb Wilcox, Chief Research Officer, US Army DEVCOM Soldier Center
- Dr Sebastian Gies, Project Lead Soldier System D-LBO, Federal Office of Bundeswehr Equipment, Information Technology and In-Service Support (BAAINBw)
- Lieutenant Colonel Arran Wade, Commanding Officer, Combined Arms Manoeuvre School, British Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Arthur Dawe, Commanding Officer, Infantry Trials and Development Unit, British Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Gareth Davies, SO1 Soldier Systems, Tommyworks, British Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Melissa E. Johnson, Product Manager Soldier Maneuver Sensors, PEO Soldier, US.. Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Mike Baxter, SO1 Light Forces, Army Futures Directorate, British Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Susana Margarida Gomes Pinto, C4I/SCS Project Manager, Portuguese Army
- Lieutenant Colonel William Jerrold, Systems Acquisition, Commando Force Programme, Royal Marines
- Major Koen Ceulemans, Innovation Officer Land Component, Belgian Defence
- Major Magnus Hallberg, LCG DSS Chairman, NATO/Swedish Armed Forces
- Major Mark Stone, Requirements Manager Surveillance and Target Acquisition, Dismounted Close Combat, British Army
- Major Matti Finnilä, Project Manager DSS Night Combat Project, Finnish Defence Forces Research Center
- Major Michael O'Connor, Capability Director Soldier Modernisation Office, New Zealand Defence Force
- Major Rens Pater, Senior Staff Officer, Defense Centre of Expertise for Soldier and Equipment, Dutch Ministry of Defence
- Major Simon de Bettignies, Programme Manager for Light Infantry Weapons, Rockets and Dismounted CIS, French Army Staff
- Miss Agnes Wamagui, Knowledge Transfer Manager - Robotics and AI, InnovateUK KTN
- Mr Anders Palm, Project Manager, Optronics System Section, Swedish Defence Materiel Administration (FMV)
- Mr Andrew Murdoch, Business Development Manager – Tactical Interconnect Products, Glenair
- Mr Cezary Szydlik, Project Coordinator in Land Combat Missiles, Electro-Optics and GPS Support Section, NATO Support and Procurement Agency
- Mr Colin Carroll, Director of Government Relations, Applied Intuition Inc
- Mr David Dalby, TacSys Delivery Team Soldier Systems Portfolio Lead, UK MOD
- Mr Doron Levi, Regional Director B2B & Marketing, SMARTSHOOTER
- Mr Elias Lallo, Research Engineer, Swedish Defence Research Agency (FOI)
- Mr Ethan Wise, Civilian APM, Soldier Tactical Power, PM IVAS, PEO Soldier, US Army
- Mr Germain Samson, Key Account Manager Land Combat Systems, Safran Electronics & Defense
- Mr Grant Guy, UK UK Business Developer, STAR-PAN and MIL Interconnect, Glenair
- Mr Grégoire Olivier, Business Development for Tactical Interconnect Solutions, Glenair
- Mr Hein Jager, Senior Research and Development Officer, Clothing & Personal Equipment Branch, Defence Materiel Organisation, Dutch Armed Forces
- Mr James Gavin, Head - Future Capability Group, DE&S, UK MOD
- Mr Jon Russell, Senior Principal Scientist, Passive Armour, DSTL, UK MoD
- Mr Jonathan Svensson, Senior Scientist in Human Factors, Swedish Defence Research Agency (FOI)
- Mr Jozsef Berenyi, Head of Division, HM EI Zrt.
- Mr Michael T. McCarthy, Deputy Director / Chief of Staff, U.S. DoD Close Combat Lethality Task Force
- Mr Nils Teschner, Technical Project Officer, Night Vision Capability (NVC), OCCAR-EA
- Mr Ralph Petroff, President North America, Marathon Robotics, Marathon Targets
- Mr Ronen Gabbay, CEO, TrekAce Technologies
- Mr Tom Kinnaird, Sales Manager, Instro Precision Limited
- Mr Tony White, Chief Technology Officer, Ultra Precision Control Systems
- Mr Travis Thompson, Deputy Director, U.S. Army Soldier Lethality Cross Functional Team
- Mr Wilhelm Sahlén, Research Engineer, Swedish Defence Research Agency (FOI)
- Ms Ilse Kroesen, System Integration Manager Individual Soldier, Defence Materiel Organisation, Dutch Armed Forces
- Senior Representative (Name Withheld for Security Reasons), Israeli Ministry of Defence
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
VenueMarriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
London, United Kingdom