Automotive Steering Systems USA is back!
The automotive steering
segment is going through a period of rapid transformation and is a market that is estimated to be worth an estimated US$ 33 billion by 2030.
With steer-by-wire (SbW) finally getting into production, OEMs are expecting to see incremental improvement in performance/efficiency while keeping costs under control. But not having a mechanical connection is presenting challenges that the OEM has not experienced before, including communication and power loss.
Another major goal right now is to ensure that a steering design without a link system meets functional safety requirements. From a technology standpoint, how is this being safeguarded? And how are the latest software requirements and electrical complexities being handled? How is steering design being handled for heavy-duty commercial vehicles?
These challenges are just the tip of the iceberg for the automotive steering industry.
Our 7th Steering Systems USA 2023
returns to Detroit, Michigan bringing representatives from across the automotive steering community to address these challenges, and more across three full days with presentations, discussions and technical demonstrations, and the opportunity to network with attendees from the co-located Automotive Braking Systems USA 2023 Conference.
The team looks forward to bringing together the Steering community together to Detroit, Michigan in June 2023!
Top Reasons To Attend
- Discover 25+ hours of technical demonstrations, presentations, and audience discussions with you peers from across the steering industry.
- Learn from leading US OEMs on their requirements for current and future steering systems from.
- Uncover the tailored networking opportunities designed to help foster stronger connections between OEMs, Tier 1s, and suppliers.
- Join the Joint Focus Day and learn and share ideas your peers from the Braking and Propulsion segments.
New Event Format
This year's event features a new event format comprised of three day conference, starting with a Joint Focus Day with the Braking Systems conference. This focus day that goes beyond steering and braking, and discussing key elements vehicle dynamics, motion control and propulsion, we’re giving you even more opportunities for knowledge and idea sharing.
- Network with Steering, Braking, and Propulsion Experts in a shared space!
- Join and engage with peers across industries in sharing ideas on issues of joint interest!
2023 Steering Systems Speakers
- Anand Naik, Technical Expert & Supervisor Chassis Controls, Ford
- Ramakrishna Kamath Vijayakumar, Product Owner- Steering at General Motors, General Motors
- William Bryant, Technical Manager - Electrified Vehicle Brake and Steering Systems, VIA Motors
- Praful Bari, Head of Application Engineering Steering, ZF Group
- Jeff Helner, Head of Steering, Hyundai Mobis North America
- William Bouse, Senior Manager Steering EE and Systems Development, JTEKT North America Corporation
- Keyur Patel, Engineering Software Supervisor - Steer By Wire, Nexteer Automotive
- Mahmoud Abdelfatah, Systems Manager - Steering, Hitachi Astemo
- Kholoud Hatem, Functional Safety Manager, Dana Incorporated
- Nicholas Trewhella, Engineering Manager - Global Electrical Systems and Software Architecture, Nexteer Automotive
- Zachary Sabato, Technical Specialist- Steering and Chassis Controls, Hyundai Mobis North America
- Shane Ganguly, Strategy and Planning Leader, Ford Motor Company
- Lutz Kuehnke, VP Business Area Safety and Motion, North America, Continental
- Shubham Bajpai, ,Manager- System Functional Domain Longitudinal Motion VIA Motors
- John Culliton, Vehicle Dynamics Senior Technical Specialist, Lucid Motors
- Rudolf Pichler, Staff System Engineer, Renesas Electronics Germany GmbH
- Thomas Oswald, Principal Product Manager, Renesas Electronics
- Johannes Lehrhofer, Senior Product Marketing Manager - Position Sensors, Renesas Electronics
- Edwin Pope, Principal Research Analyst, S&P Global
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
Conference Themes at a GlanceMain Day One Themes
Main Day Two Themes
- How to design & Deliver High-Quality and Cost-Effective Steering System
- OEM Requirements for Current & Future Steering Systems
- Real Value of Steer-By-Wire to increase functionality
- Improving Efficiency & Reduce Cost of Steer-By-Wire#
- Safety & Performance Challenges when implementing steer by-wire systems
- And More!
- Optimize Steering Performance Without Compromising Safety
- Solutions & Standards to Handle Steering in Heavy Duty Vehicles
- How Future Developments of Steering Systems Will Be Impacted by Autonomy
- Integrating Steer-By-Wire to the Autonomous Drive
- And More!
VenueThe Henry, Autograph Collection Fairlane Plaza
300 Town Center Drive, 48126
Dearborn, Michigan, USATel
: +1 313-441-2000Group Rate
: $281 per night, excluding applicable taxes and feesReservation Method
: Reserve your room by clicking on this reservation link
. We have reserved a selection of rooms at a discounted group rate, subject to availability.Cut-off date
: Tuesday, May 23rd, 2023 (After that time, the group rate will be offered based on hotel availability only.)