Confronting the Threat of UAS from Homeland to the Battlefield
At a crucial time when the United States Department of Defense have requested at least $668 million for counter-drone R&D and at least $78 million for procurement in FY2023, the Counter-UAS Summit
arrives in a timely manner, bringing together senior decision-makers from the Armed Services, Federal Agencies and the DoD to discuss key challenges, requirements and procurement programs.
The rapid proliferation of UAS has been one of the most unsettling tactical advancements on the battlefield in recent years. Not least because of asymmetric engagement whereby the United States' traditional air superiority is being challenged by non-state actors and adversaries. However, the use of UAS transcends the battlefield. Indeed, the ease of acquiring UAS means that key decision-makers are grappling with the question of how UAS can be integrated into the National Airspace System (NAS) for beneficial purposes while mitigating the risk of the nefarious employment of UAS.
To combat this threat while simultaneously staying ahead of the curve, cooperation and innovation will be vital and this conference seeks to ensure that thought leaders can confront some of these key questions and together, bolster the security of the US and its allies.
Our Counter-UAS Summit
will provide you the unique opportunity to network, connect, and learn from the most influential thought leaders and practitioners, all tirelessly dedicated to mitigating this multi-domain challenge.
We look forward to welcoming you at the Counter-UAS Summit 2023
in Alexandria, VA!
2023 Focus Areas to Include:
- JCO and RCCTO Updates & Current Lines of Effort
- Utilizing OSINT to Track the Use of UAS in the Ukrainian War
- Critical National Infrastructure Protection
- The Counter-UAS National Action Plan 2022
- Updates on the Legal and Policy Landscape
- Bolstering Technical and Operational Interoperability
- Securing Sensitive Environments
Our Expert 2023 Speaker Faculty
- Colonel Tony Behrens, Deputy Director, Joint Integrated Air and Missile Defense Organization (JIAMDO)
- Yannick Veilleux-Lepage, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department Political Science and Economics, Royal Military College of Canada
- Colonel William Parker, Deputy Director, Joint Counter-small UAS Office (JCO), US Army
- Mr. Stanley (Stan) Darbro, Deputy Director, U.S. Rapid Capabilities and Critical Technologies Office (RCCTO)
- Zachary Kallenborn, Unmanned Systems (Swarms), CBRN Warfare and Terrorism Analyst
- Scott Parker, Branch Chief, Advanced Threats Security, Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Department of Homeland Security
- Michael Torphy, Unit Chief, Surveillance and Emerging Technology Unit, FBI
- Darshan "Dash" Divakaran, Head of Airspace Innovation, AFWERX
- Kevin M. Jinks, Senior Counsel, Office of Legal Policy, U.S. Department of Justice
- Jarred D. Pennington, Branch Chief, Unmanned Systems Security Branch, Federal Protective Service
- Brent Cotton, Director, C-UAS PMO, Department of Homeland Security
- Sarah J. Parker, Counter-UAS IPT Lead, U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (DEVCOM)
- Lieutenant Colonel Emory J. Hayes, Military Deputy, Robotics Requirements Division, U.S. Army Futures Command
- Lieutenant Colonel Paul F. Santamaria, Product Manager Medium Caliber Ammunition PM MAS, JPEO Armaments and Ammunition
- Ryan Berry, Manager, UAS Security Division, Federal Aviation Administration
- Tom Driscoll, CTO & Co-Founder, Echodyne
- Dennis Michellini, Deputy Executive Assistant Commissioner, Air and Marine Operations, US Customs and Border Protection, Department of Homeland Security
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
VenueThe Westin Alexandria Old Town
400 Courthouse Square, 22314
Alexandria, VA, USATel
: +1 703-253-8600Group Rate:
$179 per night, excluding applicable taxes and feesReservation Method
: Reserve your room by clicking on the reservation link below. We have reserved a selection of rooms at a discounted group rate, subject to availability;Book your group rate for Counter-UAS Washington Aug 2023Cut-off date
: Monday, July 24th, 2023 (After that time, the group rate will be offered based on hotel availability only.) Rate is available 3 days prior and 3 days post the event dates. However, these rates are subject to availability and will not be available past the group cut of date.