The Spring 2023 DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit
is designed as a non-partisan, educational, & training "Town-Hall-style" Summit that offers a full-spectrum view towards the DoD, VA, and Federal's efforts to provide Veterans/Active-Duty high-quality outcomes & advanced healthcare solutions, through a single, unified, & interoperable health IT approach. The Summit will focus on current and future initiatives across the VA to enhance the quality of Veteran health care through innovative, advanced technologies, capabilities, and solutions.
Topics to be Covered at the Spring 2023 Summit:
- Accelerating EHR rollout to improve care & coordination for Veterans as part of the VA's digital transformation
- Leading the VA in delivering world class care & benefits for our nation's Veterans
- Standardizing, innovating, & optimizing healthcare delivery & business operations across the military health system
- Accelerating the modernization of acquisition & business operations to maximize innovative partnerships
- Sustaining high-performing medically ready Airmen & Guardians for the future fight
- Enabling an integrated, affordable, & secure HIT environment in support of the MHS enterprise
- Improving health & building readiness to ensure a medically ready joint force
- Advancing precision medicine initiatives across the VA
Why You Should Attend this Summit
For Fiscal Year 2023, the Department of Veterans Affairs will receive $303.8 billion, up 10% from Fiscal Year 2022 including $1.8B to support the deployment of its electronic health record system to facilities across the country in 2023. This Summit will bring together leaders from across the Armed Services & Government Agencies, Industry and Academia to examine current initiatives to improve the delivery of healthcare to Veterans and help them forge many of the HIT solutions necessary to achieve their respective "next-steps." Actionable takeaways for today, tomorrow, & the future will drive the discussions towards moving from healthcare to health in an interoperable, connected ecosystem.
The Spring 2023 event is created to encourage a real, pragmatic level of discussion and debate amongst all in attendance. Senior leaders at this event will discuss efforts to drive a seamless, unified experience for veterans, improve care and accessibility to Veterans through the EHR rollout, optimize healthcare delivery & business operations across the MHS, maximize innovative industry and commercial partnership, and to advance the delivery of safe, integrated, patient-centered care. Finally, a panel at this event w focus on the development of precision medicine-based strategies for effective treatment and care of Veterans.
Our team specializes in the extensive research and development of our summit's content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from Senior Healthcare leaders, the IT Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit
provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.Contact us for sponsorship information
2023 Early Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Lt Gen Robert I. Miller, USAF, Surgeon General, U.S. Air Force/U.S. Space Force, (Tentatively Confirmed)
- Holly Joers, SES, Program Executive Officer, PEO DHMS
- William Tinston, SES, Director, Federal Electronic Health Record Modernization (FEHRM) Office
- Michael D. Parrish, SES, Principal Executive Director for the Office of Acquisition, Logistics, & Construction OALC), Chief Acquisition Officer, VA
- COL Joseph Hoffert, USA, Chief, Solutions Delivery Division (SDD) & Risk Management Executive Division (RME), DHA
- Ronald Johnson, FACHE, SES, Executive Director, VA Richmond Health Care System
The full agenda is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to receive an alert when the agenda becomes available.
VenueSunset Room at National Harbor Marina
137 National Plaza, 20745
National Harbor, Oxon Hill, MD
Hotel Option 1.The Westin Washington National Harbor.Click HERE
to see available rooms.
171 Waterfront St.
National Harbor, Maryland 20745
Hotel Option 2: Hyatt Place National Harbor
to see available rooms.
123 Waterfront St.
National Harbor, Maryland, United States, 20745Parking
: There are a variety of parking options throughout National Harbor. The lot that is closest to The Sunset Room is our Carousel Lot which is located at 137 National Plaza, Oxon Hill, MD 20745. If covered parking is preferred our Fleet Street Garage is the closest to the venue at 116 Waterfront Street, Oxon Hill, MD 20745. Mariner Garage will be the closet to The Westin National Harbor at 199 Fleet Street, Oxon Hill, MD 20745.