After last year successful edition, with 150+ biogas professionals and 20+ excellent speakers, we have an honour to invite you to 5th European Conference Biogas PowerON
taking place on 27-28 September 2023. This year we are moving to Hamburg, Germany.
Among other renewables, biogas is gaining more popularity than ever. It's one of the results of recent energy crisis and dispute about Europe's energy independence & security. Coming years will be a turning point for the development and scaling up of biogas production to its full potential.
The green transformation will strengthen economic growth, security and climate action for Europe and our partners. Scaling up biomethane partnerships like The Biomethane Industrial Partnership (BIP), launched on 28 September 2022, will support achievement of the EU target of 35 bcm annual production and use of sustainable biomethane by 2030. It will also create the preconditions for a further ramp-up of biogas potential towards 2050. Biogas is a cost-efficient path to achieve our ambition to reduce imports of natural gas from Russia. Increasing the capacity of biogas production in the EU and promoting its conversion into biomethane needs an estimated investment amounting to EUR 37 billon euro over the period.
Main topic & key points
- Overview of European and national policies and regulations
- Future of biogas industry from the perspective of a producer - case studies
- Cost competitiveness of biomethane
- Sustainability and green origin of biomethane
- Building a successful biogas system in Europe - what is necessary?
- Role of gas infrastructure in decarbonising European energy sector
- Energy crisis and ban on Russian gas supply - perspectives for biogas sector
- Biogas economics and trading
- Hydrothermal gasification and 2G biomethane production: status on technologies
- And many more...
Who & Why you should join the Biogas PowerON 2023
During this 2-day event reach in presentations from industry end-users and running projects case studies will give you a comprehensive overview of the biogas industry. You can hear experts focusing on new regulations, changing market situation and more. Get a possibility to network and exchange ideas with industry leaders.
Suppliers, producers, end-users from the entire value chain (power companies, trading & distribution companies, producers of feedstock, oil & gas companies, renewable energy consultancies, EPC contractors and OEM's ) also regulatory & research experts, government organizations and municipalities, biotech developers, renewable energy business consultants, anaerobic digestion technology providers and business analytics
- Victor Bernabeu, Eurogas
- Stefan Rauh, Fachverband Biogas
- Gabriele Pinzone, Electrochaea
- Ilona Järvelainen, St1
- Harmen Dekker, European Biogas Association
- Raoul Koenig, Shell
- Ari Suomilammi, Gasum
- Ole Hvelplund, Nature Energy
- Nicolas Spilliaert, Storengy
- John Cosmo Dwelle, Landwärme
- Jesper Hørlyk-Jensen, Biogasclean
- Rodrigo Rivera Tinoco, Pentair
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Conference venue 4-5 star hotel City center