refers to the combination of agricultural infrastructure with photovoltaic installations and offers a lot of potential advantages to improve agricultural yields while simultaneously generating clean electricity, but also poses a lot of challenges since both energy yield and agricultural yield need to be co-optimized. There is therefore a large need for research collaboration between both the agricultural industry and the PV industry.
combines the use of land for farming with the production of electricity by photovoltaics. It provides the opportunity to establish solutions for production of food crops and electricity at the same time, taking into account soil protection and water savings. It offers powerful solutions to several issues arising from climate change.
Energy or food from agricultural land ? Why should we have to choose ? Couldn’t we associate both types of production on the same land to get the most of the solar energy and achieve the energy evolution and conversion to sustainable energy production, while nourishing the ever increasing world population ? Is it attainable ? If so, how ? This conference will tackle the importance of agrivoltaics, several challenges that agrivoltaic systems address, and what is farm’s role in agrivoltaics.
Indeed, photovoltaics is growing in Europe, with around 18.7 gigawatts of new capacity installed last year. Agrivoltaic include the use of agricultural land to produce food and create solar energy at the same time. Moreover, there is a growing interest in agrophotovoltaics worldwide as a way to merge solar power generation with sustainable, water-conserving agriculture and advance climate mitigation and adaptation. According to SolarPower Europe, local agriculture and solar energy could become the engines of a sustainable European economy. Coexistence of solar panels and crops includes light sharing so that panels situated above the crop generate shade and create a kind of microclimate over the growing area. This results in more freshness, less water need for the plants, and lower losses originating from evaporation.Agrivoltaics
is the clean energy solution that helps farms and agriculture to protect themselves from great weather conditions and other damaging factors. Innovative companies in this field design new solar louvres planned to satisfy plants’ ideal conditions ; however, they also help to manage available sunlight or shade to improve the crop quality and quantity. For instance, South of France has more than 300 sunny days each year and has a long record of solar energy innovations, starting in 1970 with the world-famous solar furnace at Odeillo. Several photovoltaic systems have been set up in the area, involving agrivoltaic systems in greenhouses and open fields. The largest dynamic agrivoltaic plant in the world is right there, with vineyards underneath.Agrivoltaics conference 2023
has been fluttering the dove coats on a constant note these days. The agribusiness conference which will be solely based on the implications of the use of solar power and ancillary technologies in this domain. The chief objective will be laid on the cutting-edge research activities which are going on in this field. One of the incentives of the agri voltaic events 2023 is to enlighten the stakeholders on the commercial benefits of this promising proposition. This humongous agribusiness conference is all set to take place in Amsterdam, Netherlands from the 8th November to the 9th November of 2023.
Agrophotovoltaics event of a big magnitude
One of the major aspects of the solar energy event 2023 is to let the world understand the quintessence and intense advantages of the Agrophotovoltaics event in a broad perspective. The agripv conference will tend to throw lights on the effective measures which are being executed to bridge the gap between the challenges as well as the effective workarounds of the field.
It is inferred that the solar power conference 2023 is going to be a successful one in its own right. Let's keep our fingers crossed to divulge the promising future that it has in store. Apart from business entities, many agriculture students as well as scholars will take part in the agrisolar event. NGO professionals and organizations
Key Topics & Discussions
- Agrivoltaics : an approach, a solution, or a rural business model.
- Introducing innovations to accelerate the use of agrivoltaics.
- Benefits of agrivoltaics.
- Opportunities for agriculture and the energy transition.
- Limitations of agrivoltaics.
- Impact of Covid-19 on the global agrivoltaic market.
Key Learning Benefits
- Gain an overview of agrivoltaics status : an approach, a solution, or a rural business model.
- Gain insight into ray tracing simulation for agrivoltaics in large scale photovoltaics power plants.
- Learn sophisticated innovations and structure solutions to accelerate the use of agrivoltaics.
- Explore the ability and importance of controlling the shade location in the orchard.
- Understand the effect of agrivoltaic systems on crop productivity.
- Explore the use of agrivoltaic with floating solar.
- Gain insight into agrivoltaics with grape farms.
- Understand how to create better bio-batteries : solving social concerns and finding political feasibility.
- Understand the integration of PV modules in agrivoltaic systems and normative situation.
- Explore the agrisolar clearing house : Information-sharing, networking, and education.
- Wilma Eerenstein, Renergize Consultancy, Consultant Renewable Energy
- David Schuppisser, Insolight, CCO
- Sascha Krause-Tünker, Next2Sun AG, Chief Sales Officer
- Isabelle Decombeix, Enoé Energie, Directrice stratégie agrivoltaique
- Michael Salvador, Mirai Solar, CEO
- Hing Kin Lee, NextEnergy Capital, Environmental Impact Manager
- Jiri Bim, Solarni Asociace, Head of agrivoltaics section
- Miriam Di Blasi, Enel Green Power, Head of Environment and Impacts Mitigation - Innovation
- Yannic Enders, RES Group, Head of Solar Development Germany
The full agenda is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to receive an alert when the agenda becomes available.
VenueSteigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam
Stationsplein Zuid-West 951 , 1117CE
Schiphol, Amsterdam, Netherlands