The October 2023 DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit
is a non-partisan, educational, & training "town-hall-style" summit that will discuss efforts to advance the defense health care mission, explore HIT and medical solutions that will improve the delivery of healthcare, and advance a single, unified, interoperable health IT approach to enable improved, continuous, lifelong patient-centered care.
Topics to be Covered at the Fall 2023 Summit:
- Driving Digital Transformation Across the VA and DHA to Improve Healthcare for Veterans and Military Service Members
- Providing Acquisition and Sustainment Support to Enable DHA's Medical Mission
- Enabling the Seamless Delivery of Healthcare to Veterans with a Secure, Interoperable EHR System
- Optimizing the Delivery of Health Care Across DHA
- Advancing Military Medical Care to Improve the Health and Readiness of Warfighters
- Delivering World-Class, Integrated, and Coordinated Healthcare to Veterans
Why You Should Attend this Summit
The 25th DoD/VA and Government Health IT Summit
will bring together senior healthcare leaders to discuss their initiatives, strategies, and plans for driving health IT innovations across the VA, DHA, military services, and other federal government partners and agencies to improve the quality, efficiency, and safety of healthcare delivery. Through interactive discussion and dialogue, attendees at this year's event will examine the successes and challenges across the VA and DHA in operationalizing a modernized electronic health record system as well as opportunities for integrating a unified, interoperable, common federal EHR to enable patient centered care.
This year's Summit will feature a series of fireside chats and sessions highlighting the ways the DHA and VA are driving digital transformations and improving cyber security across their IT systems, what strategies and priorities VA and DHA acquisition leaders have for acquiring new technologies and solutions, and much more. Join us at this year's DoD/VA & Government Health IT Summit to network with senior leaders and contribute to the discussion focused on advancing the delivery of healthcare for military members, Veterans, and their families.
The team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Summits' content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in health care information technology and innovation across federal government, military, academia, and industry. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing the HIT community.
- Build Partnerships:: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:
The DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Contact us for sponsorship information
October 2023 Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Pat Flanders, SES, PEO for Medical Systems and Chief Information Officer (J-6), Defense Health Agency
- Michael Parrish, SES, Chief Acquisition Officer and Principal Executive Director for the Office of Acquisition,Logistics, and Construction (OALC) VA
- Regina M. Julian, SES, Deputy Assistant Director for Health Care Operations, Defense Health Agency
- Holly Joers, SES, PEO, Defense Healthcare Management Systems
- William Tinston, SES, Director, Federal Electronic Health Record Modernization (FEHRM) Office
- John Short, SES, Interoperability Director, FEHRM
- RDML Matthew Case, USN, Director, Medical Service Corps; Commander, Naval Medical Forces Atlantic
- Kathleen L. Berst, Component Acquisition Executive / Deputy Assistant Director, Acquisition & Sustainment, Defense Health Agency
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
Sunset Room at National Harbor Marina
137 National Plaza, 20745
National Harbor, Oxon Hill, MD