The application of algae has been extensively applied throughout numerous industries including food, cosmetics, biofuels, pharma and nutraceutical. The application and cultivation of algae has many benefits ranging from increasing and restoring biodiversity for marina animals by providing habitats, to their use in food and nutrition due to their rich volume of essential vitamins and minerals. As research and technology continue to advance, the uses of algae are likely to expand further offering sustainable solutions to various global challenges.
The 12th European Algae Industry Summit 2024
will take place on the 17th and 18th April 2024 in London. The two-day event will bring together business executives, industry leaders, academics, policymakers and stakeholders from the algae industry
. The summit will provide a forum to exchange information, discuss recent developments and examine possibilities as well as challenges currently facing the industry. The 12th European Algae Industry Summit
will hold interactive sessions and talks by experts in the field to allow participants to gain valuable insights to the current state of the algae industry
as well as collaborative efforts aimed at advancing the sector. The summit will allow for a range of networking opportunities, allowing participants to connect and interact with likeminded professionals to discuss recent developments and examine possibilities with not just algae production and cultivation, but the vast prospects for the application throughout different industry markets.
Site Visit to National History Museum
On Tuesday the 16th April 2024, a day prior to the summit a limited number of delegates will receive the unique opportunity to have a behind-the-scenes visit to the Natural History Museum, where we’ll delve into the British Algal Archives. This experience will be led by Jo Wilbraham, the Senior Curator responsible for algae at the museum. By participating in this exclusive interactive discussion you will gain insights into the ongoing and upcoming algal research initiatives at the British Museum.
There is no extra charge to attend, but spaces are limited and are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Please indicate your interest in the site visit upon conference registration.
- Current Market Overview of the European Algae Industry
- Policy and Regulations Shaping the Algae Industry
- Cultivating a Sustainable Future
- Exploring Fermentation
- Revolutionizing Aquaculture Through Algal Based Solutions
- Expanding Customer Demand for Algae Products and Solutions
- Algae Strain Identification, Selection and Genetic Modification
- The Application of Algae Throughout the Food and cosmetic industry
- Exploration of Biogenic Cement Through Algae Grown Limestone
Who Will Attend
- Algae Producers and Cultivators
- Marketing for Algae Based Products
- Scientific Officers
- Market Consultants
- Policy Makers
- Representatives From the EU
- Technology and Equipment Developers / Suppliers
- Representatives from the food and cosmetic industry
- Green Technology and Biotechnology Investors
- Algae Product Distributors
- Feed and Aquaculture Professionals
- Vítor Verdelho, General Manager at EABA
- Carlos Unamunzaga Escosura, Director General – General Manager at Fitoplancton Marino, S.L and President at EABA
- David Erlandsson, Co-founder & Sales director at Aliga
- Dr Payam Mehrshahi, Manager at Algal Innovation Centre, University of Cambridge
- Jean-Paul Cadoret, Vice-President at EABA and CSO at Algama
- Professor Saul Purton, Department of Structural and Molecular Biology at University College London
- Ian Carr, Global Business Development Director at Veramaris
- Doron Eisenstadt, COO at BarAlgae & TransAlgae
- Luciano Falqui, R&D Project Manager at Originy
- Rich Ozer, Global Technical Sales Manager at Crown Iron Works
- Dr Claude Kaplan, CEO at Kuehnle AgroSystems, Inc
- Toby Boatman, Research Director at Brilliant Planet
- Sammy Boussiba, Vice president at EABA
- Em Foster Rose, Head of Formulation at Haeckels
- John Macdonald, Head of Lab & Pilot Production Operations at AlgaeCytes
- Dr Jean-Michel Pommet, President and CEO at ZENI
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Summit Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.