1 EVENT, 2 CONFERENCES - 1 PRICE, ACCESS ALL
The Joint Military Training & Simulation Conference
will be held in Bristol, UK on the 5th & 6th March 2024. The conference will be run in conjunction with the Future Indirect Fires Conference
. The aim of the JMTS conference
is to examine the likely development of Joint Military Training & Simulation requirements for effective Multi Domain Synthetic Training into the next decade. The conference will feature an authoritative speaker panel of international Military Officers and Industry experts. The conference will act as a forum to review best practise for enhancing Multi Domain Operational effectiveness via the Synthetic Training Environment.
The Joint Military Training & Simulation Conference
will be run in conjunction with the Future Indirect Fires Conference
. There will be two streams within one large venue. Attendees will be able to access both streams within the same ticket price. Each stream will have its own room for presentations. There will be a combined breakout area with an exhibition and catering.
By collocating the two streams (Indirect Fires
and Simulation Training
) we are better able to address linked contemporary Indirect Fires challenges and the Synthetic Training Environment. The Multi Domain Battlespace is increasingly complex. The technical and operational boundaries between Ground and Air Launched Fires and Manoeuvre elements are increasingly blurred by weapon & sensor ranges, precision and sensor to shooter data links. The Synthetic Training Environment is a vital component of operational readiness by creating cognitive superiority at individual, crew and collective levels. Achieving this requires a high fidelity layered Synthetic Training Environment from semi immersive platforms on tablets and smart phones to fully immersive virtual and augmented reality systems. By collocating these two events we are providing attendees access to both the Fires end user operational needs and the synthetic training solutions to those needs.
There will be two lecture theatres to host each stream and a common exhibition and catering area. Attendees to any event will have full access to the other two streams within the ticket price and may pick & choose which presentations they attend. The event will be well attended by military and government personnel responsible for the development of these areas. Locating the event in Bristol ensures good attendance from DE&S personnel located at MOD Abbey Wood and the nearby Army HQ. Good transport links via road, rail & air ensures a good attendance by Royal Air Force and Royal Navy personnel from elsewhere in the UK and by international attendees. Our policy is to offer free attendance (on a quality vetted basis) to military and government personnel thus removing a significant obstacle to their attendance.
The JMTS Stream
will cover key areas within Simulation, Education & Training, including Procurement Programmes, Standards, Training & Technological development.
The Artillery Stream
will cover contemporary Indirect Fires challenges associated with Find, Fix, Understand, Strike, Equip and Integrate.
- Mark Mangham, Director Four Fort Ltd, C2 & Training Consultant
- Mr Grant Bailey, Head of Technical Authority, Defence Modelling & Simulation Office (DMSO), UK Strategic Command
- Gp Capt Ruari Henderson-Begg, RAF Chief Modelling & Simulation
- Tom Ball CEng MIET, Consultant, Battlespace Simulations
- Lt Cdr Stephen Gowling, SPARTAN Programme Officer, Director Develop (Support), and Mr Mark Lewis, SPARTAN Technical Lead, Navy Command HQ
- Steve Shirley, Managing Director, Vedette Consulting
- Andy Fawkes, Consultant, writer and speaker on developments in simulation and training.
- Lt Col Jan Vandamme, Belgium Army, J7 Division, Plans Directorate, NATO Joint Force Command HQ Brunssum
- Lt Col Rupert Greenwood, Head Exercise Planning Staff, G7 Branch, and Lt Col Francesco Vitiello, Chief Main Events List/ Main Incidents List (MEL/ MIL), G7 Branch, Headquarters Allied Rapid Reaction Corps
- Mr Philip Draper NATO International Civilian, Head CAX Support Branch, Joint Warfare Centre.
- TBD Confirmed Officer, Training and Exercise Enabling Division, NATO Joint Force Training Centre (JFTS)
- Wg Cdr Mark Still, Officer Commanding, Sqn Ldr Pete Smith, Gladiator Strategic Director, Flt Lt Dave Breslin, SO3 RW SME, Mr James Keane, BDUK Gladiator Systems Support Lead, Air Battlespace Training Centre, Royal Air Force
- Lt. Col. Pier Vincenzo PIZZO, Integration Test Bed & Simulation Branch Chief in Fire Targeting & Info Ops Centre of ITA Army in Artillery HQ
- Lt Col Max Garrety MBE, SO1 Simulation, and Lt Cdr Chris Grayson Royal Navy, J7 Collective Training Lead, HQ Joint Helicopter Command
- Mr Jim Bennett, VULCAN Project Director, Army Headquarters MOD
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Early Agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
For security reasons we will only provide the conference location on request or to registered attendees.