Unlocking the Power of Disruptive Innovation for Strategic Advantage in the Digital Age
In the rapidly advancing landscape of modern warfare, integration of emerging and disruptive technologies has become a cornerstone for defense strategies. Cutting-edge innovations, ranging from AI to advanced cyber capabilities, is reshaping traditional ideas of military tactics. Join the 2nd Emerging & Disruptive Technologies for Defense
as we bring together military decision-makers, industry, and academia, to discuss the course of action needed to advance military modernization initiatives.
Attend two information-packed events that will shape the future of defense during our Defense Innovation Week
! Learn more about Big Data and Cyber Security
event immediately preceding this event.
About the Conference
Modernizing capability across battle areas calls for agility and the establishment of partnerships between military, industry, start-ups, international counterparts, and academia. The EDT for Defense Conference
will allow just that, bridging the gap between the key stakeholders, encouraging collaborative partnerships, and providing access to unique expertise. EDT for Defense
will bring together senior leaders from the US DoD and partners from the Five Eyes nations, NATO, academia, and industry innovators to advance dialogue on the institution of common IT frameworks, the implementation of AI-enabled technologies, and the digitization of the armed forces.
- Learn about Integrating disruptive technologies to build the competitive edge and accelerate intelligence PED
- Hear discussions on transforming acquisition to enable the rapid adoption and fielding of game-changing technologies at scale
- Address equipping the force with the latest technologies in robotics, artificial intelligence, and sensors to achieve information dominance.
- Discuss Delivering a more lethal force requires the ability to evolve faster and be more adaptable than our adversaries – in all domains
Topics the summit will cover include:
- Instituting Combined Jadc2 Architecture for All Domain Warfare
- Enhancing Maritime ISR For All Domain Warfare
- Game-Changing Digital Capabilities: Adopting Cloud Architecture, Data Analytics, AI
- Establishing zero trust standards and strengthening cyber defense against malicious interception
Keynotes, special presentations and panels will address:
- Connect directly with acquisition leaders and capability decision-makers who play pivotal roles in determining the technologies to be procured for defense initiatives. Gain valuable insights into the criteria and considerations influencing procurement decisions, paving the way for informed collaborations and potential involvement in upcoming defense projects. This unique networking opportunity provides a direct channel to understand the needs of defense agencies and contribute to shaping future technological advancements in the field.
- Gain unparalleled insights into the latest advancements, strategic considerations, and practical applications of game-changing technologies and innovation. Learn from real-world examples, gaining actionable insights applicable to your own defense initiatives.
- Connect with high-ranking officials, military leaders, and policymakers who shape the adoption of emerging and disruptive technologies. Build relationships that extend beyond the conference, opening avenues for collaborations and partnerships.
- Mr. Peter De Luca, Project Director NSA Cybersecurity Collaboration Center
- Dr. Leon Douglas, Chief Digital & Information Officer Royal Navy
- Brigadier General Kyle B. Ellison, Commanding General, Warfighting Laboratory U.S. Marine Corps
- Major General Wolfgang Gäbelein, Director, Bundeswehr Office for Defense Planning German Armed Forces
- Lieutenant General (Ret’d) Michael Groen, Former Director of the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center U.S. Department of Defense
- Joshua Hayden, Chief of Innovation US Air Force
- Scott Kinner, Department Head Doctrine & Standards U.S. Marine Corps
- Colleen Laughlin, Senior Advisor, Military Technology & Innovation Office of the Secretary of Defense
- Thomas Lawhead, Director, Operational Capability Requirements, Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategy, Integration and Requirements U.S. Air Force
- Jeremy Leader, Acting Director, Commercial Space Office (COMSO) U.S. Space Force
- Rebecca Lively, Deputy, 90th Cyberspace Operations Squadron US Air Force
- Ted Maciuba, Deputy Director, Robotics Requirements, Maneuver Capabilities Development Integration Directorate Futures and Concepts Center, U.S. Army Futures Command
- Robert Malcolm, Emerging Concepts & Innovation Department Head US Marine Corps
- William McHenry, Senior Engagement Advisor to the Director Defense Innovation Unit
- Colonel Chris McFarland, Commander 613 Air Operations Center US Air Force
- Barbara McQuinston, Chair of the NATO Defense Innovation Accelerator NATO
- Brigadier General Shannon O’Harren, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Sixteenth Air Force; Commander, Air Forces Cyber; Commander, Joint Force Headquarters-Cyber; and Commander, Service Cryptologic Component U.S. Air Force
- Dr. Naomi Roberts, Director Strategy and Enterprise Defence Intelligence, UK Ministry of Defense
- Graham Plaster, Director Nautilus
- Adrian Holt, Director, ScalingPartner Capita
- Lieutenant Colonel Vinny Pande, Materiel Leader, Ventures SpaceWERX
Please fill in your name and email to receive the Conference Agenda of this event.
Hilton Arlington National LandingReservations
2399 Richmond Highway, 22202
Arlington, VA, USA
: 1-800-HILTONS (445-8667) or please CLICK HEREAccommodations
American Conference Institute is pleased to offer our delegates a limited number of hotel rooms at a negotiated rate. To take advantage of these rates, please contact the hotel directly and quote “Group Code 908.”
Please note that the guest room block cut-off date is February 28th, 2024. After that date OR when the room block fills, guestroom availability and rate can no longer be guaranteed.