Connect with the brightest minds in the export compliance landscape.
Join us for two jam-packed days of networking and information-rich presentations from the industry's top instructors.
Learn how to conduct effective audits, use exceptions effectively and prepare for a State Department Company Visit.
The seminar provides practical insights and case studies, enabling attendees to apply these complex regulations effectively within their organizations.
It's an ideal opportunity for export control officials, shipping and contract managers and Facility Security Officers to enhance their skills and stay abreast of the evolving export control regulations.
What to Know About the ITAR Rewrite, Your IT Department, Audit Planning, EAR Exceptions, Due Diligence, and More!Critical Compliance
: How to classify your products as a result of Export Control Reform (ECR). 2 Days of hands-on training with scenarios and exercises to assist the student in learning jurisdictional classification. Topics include 8 Steps to Self Classify on the EAR Scenario/Exercise, Order of Review, Specially Designed, Utilizing CCAT's, Self Classify on the ITAR, Conducting Internal Audits and a Comprehensive Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA) workshop.
Compliance With the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) Are the Keys to Succesful Business Operations.
Avoid Costly Fines & Penalties Through Your Compliance with and Understanding of the ITAR and EAR.
President, Export Compliance Solutions, a former Licensing Officer at
the State Department, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), with
20 years of direct experience in the U.S. defense industry. After
leaving the State Department, Ms. Palmer joined Northrop Grumman’s
Electronic Systems in Baltimore and then went on to work at Johns
Hopkins Applied Physics Lab. Ms. Palmer combined this unique experience
to found ECS in 2003. The ECS team provides training to help compliance
officials successfully apply U.S. export control regulations and
establish viable export compliance programs. Ms. Palmer has worked on
the Defense Trade Advisory Group (DTAG), was appointed to serve as a
Special Compliance Officer (SCO) for a company operating under a Consent
Agreement and is an active speaker for various professional
Lisa Bencivenga has
over twenty seven years of varied experience in export/import licensing
and compliance issues with major defense contractors. She has had the
leading role in developing and implementing internal compliance
programs, providing regulatory guidance, instituting license databases,
training personnel at all corporate levels, conducting audits requested
by clients and/or directed by the U.S. Department of State, coordinating
investigations and working closely with legal departments while
administering the full spectrum of corporate international export/import
activities. She has several years of experience in space-related export
issues which includes obtaining and implementing complex licensing
arrangements related to spacecraft and launch activities as a result of
her employment with Orbital Sciences Corporation and The Boeing Company.
The full agenda is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to receive an alert when the agenda becomes available.
: Tuesday, April 9th:COMPLIANCE BUILDING BLOCKS
TESTING YOUR COMPLIANCE PROGRAM
- Keynote Presentation “How to Build a Bulletproof Compliance Program”
- Presentation: “A-Z: How to Conduct a Comprehensive Audit” From the audit areas to examine, documents to review and the importance of auditing your freight forwarders.
- Exercise 1: “Drafting an Audit Plan”
- Presentation: “The Emerging Importance of the Military End User (MEU) List“
- Presentation: "Transactional Testing & Due Diligence"
- Presentation: "Key Elements of a Policy & Procedure Manual"
- Presentation: "Unlocking the Keys to an Effective Training Program"
: Wednesday, April 10th:COMPLIANCE OFFICIALS AND THE EAR
- Presentation: "The 7 Effective Habits of an ITAR/EAR Compliance Official"
- Presentation: "Navigating the Complexities of the EAR"
- Presentation: "Using the STA Exception Effectively"
- Exercise 2: "Testing Your EAR Prowess"
- Presentation: "Top Ten Violations Under Commerce/BIS Charging Letters" Tips to avoid making these mistakes in your company.
- Presentation: "Due Diligence: The Importance of Checking Intermediaries and End Users"
- Exercise 3: "End User Exercise"
"Sentinel, Blue Lantern Programs & State/DTCC Company Visits" An
examination of Commerce/BIS and State/DTCC internal compliance efforts.
*agenda topics and timing are subject to change
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale
5401 North Scottsdale Road, 85250
Scottsdale, AZ, USA