Understand the Export Responsibilities from New Business Development to Contract Closeout
Can Your Export Department Suport Your Company’s Long Range Strategic Plan?
Avoid Costly Fines & Penalties Through Your Compliance with and Understanding of the ITAR.
Day one and Two:
- Understanding State/DDTC & the ITAR
- Recent ITAR Violators - Charging Letters and Case Examples
- Registration and How to Classify a Product
- Step-by-Step Process - How to Apply for a License
- Agreements Workshop - Utilizing the UPDATED Electronic Guidelines for Drafting Technical Assistance Agreements
- Defining ITAR Controlled Technical Data & Public Domain
- How to Resolve Customs Penalties for Export Violations
- Export Licensing and Staffing to DOD's Defense Technology Security Administration (DTSA)
- ITAR Exemptions You NEED to Use
- How to License Foreign National Employees in Your Company
- Compliance and Recordkeeping-Ten Elements of Compliance
- Export Control Reform Initiative-Background and Implementation
- Realigning the Control Lists
- How to Use the New 600 Series
- Strategic Planning - The International Business Process and the Export Staff
- Executing Your Licensing Plan within DOD/DTSA
- Understanding Your Product - The Commodity Jurisdiction Process
- Go-to-Market and Effective Licensing Strategies
- Contract Administration - Facilitating On-Time Delivery
- Effective Company Compliance
"I liked the small group discussions and found the exercises extremely helpful."
Export Administrator, The Boeing Corporation
Venue & AccommodationsChart House
300 Second Street
Annapolis, MD 21403
126 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Ask for the Export Compliance Solutions (ECS) Corporate Rate of $209.00 per night at the hotel.
It is graduation week at the U.S. Naval Academy and rates will expire!
Suzanne Palmer, President, Export Compliance Solutions, is a former State Department Licensing Officer who served over 15 years with the State Department and has over 10 years of direct experience in the U.S. defense industry. ECS provides classroom and on-site ITAR training and assists companies establish viable export compliance programs nationwide. Ms. Palmer specializes in performing ITAR audits for those companies under a State/DDTC Directed audit, has served on the Defense Trade Advisory Group (DTAG) and has been appointed as a Special Compliance Officer (SCO) for a company operating under a Consent Agreement.
Lisa Bencivenga has over twenty years of varied experience in export/import licensing and compliance issues with major defense contractors. She has had the leading role in developing and implementing internal compliance programs, providing regulatory guidance, instituting license databases, training personnel at all corporate levels, conducting audits requested by clients and/or directed by the U.S. Department of State, coordinating investigations and working closely with legal departments while administering the full spectrum of corporate international export/import activities.
Chip Palmer is the Vice President of auditing, training and Business Development for ECS. A graduate of the University of Virginia, Chip has over thirty years experience in both the federal and private sectors. He has conducted hundreds of initial audits to identify root problems, and then worked closely with clients to devise solutions that were achievable within their organizational cultures. Chip specializes in ITAR and EAR audits and performs ITAR risk assessments for defense manufacturers, distributors and Universities throughout the U.S.
Myron Barlow was formerly an attorney in U.S. Customs' office of international trade litigation, where he represented the government in suits brought by importers to the U.S. Court of International Trade and appeals to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. After leaving the government, Mr. Barlow practiced customs, international trade, and export control law in the international trade departments of two large multinational law firms and one small customs specialty law firm, before establishing his own firm in 2003. Since then Myron has authored many publications to include the on-line training program featured on WeComply.com.