Benefits of Attending
Attacks on the U.S. critical infrastructure computer networks, aimed at significantly disrupting or permanently wiping out the functioning of government and business alike, would produce cascading effects far beyond the targeted sector and physical location of the incident. In response, the President directed a comprehensive review of the Federal Government’s efforts to defend US communications and information technology infrastructure, designed to improve our resilience vs. attacks and to reduce the overall cyber threat. As a consequence, US Federal cyber security funding is poised for dynamic growth, with a cumulative value of over $65 billion over the next five years.
This symposium brings together the senior level U.S. Government and Industry Cyber Security experts from the Critical Infrastructure Sectors – including the Energy, Homeland Security, Defense, Transportation, IT/Communications, Postal, Emergency Services & Banking, and Finance who are taking infrastructure protection to a new level and are creating the latest tools, techniques and solutions for protecting our resources from internal and external cyber terrorism.
- What are the latest Government strategies and initiatives for protecting infrastructure against cyber attacks?
- What are the latest threats? How is the threat environment evolving?
- What is the way forward for interagency intelligence and information sharing?
- What are the emerging tools and techniques for continuous risk monitoring and management?
- What challenges do new technologies pose? What are the emerging solutions?
- What is the road ahead for National Cyber Policy and Standards?
These and many other critical questions will be addressed during this important two-day event.
Over 25 Leading Experts from U.S. Congress, DHS, CIA, DIA, DOE, FEMA, NIST, FISMA, DoD/CIO, DISA, DOC, GSA, US Postal, FERC , AF/ST, NERC , US Army ERDC, Boeing, Microsoft, Cisco, Juniper Networks, TASC, Dell, Verizon, JHU/APL, CIS, CSFI, Merlin, Lancope, & Shank examine:
- Federal Government Needs and Initiatives in Cyber Security for Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Current and Emerging Threats to Energy, Defense, Homeland Security, Finance, IT/Communications, Transportation, Postal and Emergency Services
- Newest Developments in Federal Interagency Cyber Information Sharing & Cooperation
- Cutting-Edge Mitigation Tools, Techniques and Technologies – Improving Infrastructure Resilience against the Cyber Security Threat
Who You Will Meet
Some of the titles who have attended past events
- Presidents/Vice Presidents
- Sr. Directors
- Directors, IT
- Directors, Information Systems
- Directors, Intel
- Directors, Business Development Managers
- Program Directors
- Chief Sales Executives
- Chief Engineers
- Sr. Engineers
- Business Development Managers
- Sr. Managers, Federal Accounts
- Sales Directors
- Cyber Operations Analyst
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Commanding Officers
- Technology Officers
- Manager of Network Operations
- Manager of Network Security
- Systems Analysts
- Information Assurance Officers
- Information Protection Specialists
- Intel Evaluators
- Engineering Leads
- Operations Managers
- C4ISR Requirements
Sheraton Pentagon City
900 S. Orme Street,
Arlington, VA 22204
Tel: (703) 521-1900 or (888) 627-8210
Attendance is limited to US, NATO, and allied countries only.
We reserve the right to alter the published program if necessitated by circumstances beyond our control. The material presented in this program is based on unclassified technology and unclassified technology application areas.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Attendee accommodations must be arranged directly with the hotel.The conference agenda is available as PDF under downloads.
The Outstanding Speakers for Cyber Security and Infrastructure Protection Symposium include:
- Congresswoman Yvette D. Clarke, United States Congress, (D-NY, 11th District)
- Ms. Jenny Menna, Director, Stakeholder Engagement and Cyber Infrastructure Resilience Division, DHS
- The Honorable Ms. Cheryl Lafleur, Commissioner, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Mr. Gus Hunt, Chief Technology Officer, Central Intelligence Agency
- Dr. Mark T. Maybury, Chief Scientist, USAF AF/ST
- Mr. Donald Davidson, Chief, Outreach, Science & Standards, Trusted Mission Systems & Networks, (DoD-CIO)
- Mr. William (Curt) C. Barker, Chief, Cybersecurity Advisor, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Mr. Charles McGann, Corporate Security Information Officer, US Postal Service
- Mr. Lawrence Hale, Director, Office of Strategy Solutions and Security Services, U.S. GSA Federal Acquisition Service
- Mr. Brian Varine, Director, Incident Management Division IM-32, Joint Cybersecurity Coordination Center, DOE
- Mr. Perry Pederson, Cyber Security Specialist, Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Mr. Rod Turk, Office of Organizational Policy & Governance, CISO, Patent & Trademark Office, U.S. DOC
- Mr. Dalton R. Jones Sr., Biometrics Executive, Identity Intelligence Project Office, Defense Intelligence Agency
- Ms. Barbara Alexander, Director, Cyber Intelligence & Infrastructure Protection & Security, Civil & Infrastructure Security Group, TASC
- Mr. Tony Jeffs, Director of Marketing, CISCO Systems
- Mr. Samuel E. Caldwell, Program Manager, Financial Systems Modernization (OCFO), FEMA
- Ms. Susie Adams, Chief Technology Officer, Microsoft Federal
- Ms. Faye Francy, Director, Networked Systems, Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Enterprise Cyber Security ONE Team
- Col (ret) Jeff Schilling, Director, Global Incident Response Consulting, Dell Secure Works
- Mr. Robert B. Dix. Jr., Vice President, Government Affairs & Critical Infrastructure Protection, Juniper Networks
- Dr. Ron Ross, FISMA Implementation Project Leader, NIST
- Mr. Timothy Evans, Senior Advisor, Cyber Strategy and Policy, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab
- Mr. Brian Harrell, Associate Dir., Critical Infrastructure Protection Programs, North American Electric Reliability Corp.
- Dr. Igor Linkov, PhD., Risk and Decision Sciences Focus Area Lead, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, ERDC
- Mr. Richard Licht, Executive Director, Integrated Intelligence Center, Center for Internet Security
- Mr. Paul de Souza, Founder & Director, Cyber Security Forum Initiative
- Mr. Jonathan Nguyen-Duy, Director, Verizon Security Product Management
- Mr. Tom Cross, Director, of Security Research, Lancope, Inc.
- Mr. Geoffrey Hancock, Executive Director Cyber Security, Merlin International
- Mr. Mike Shank, President, Shank Consultants, Former Minority Staff Director, U.S. House Permanent Select