Military EHRS — Where Do We Stand? Where Are We Going? – How Will We Get There?
The DoD has been leading the way in developing and Implementing Military Integrated Electronic Health Records (iEHRs) for the Military Health System. Servicing almost 10,000,000 million patients, 137,000 thousand Medical Health System (MHS) staff, 412 medical clinics, 413 dental clinics and more than 65 military hospitals. Military EHRs data sharing continues to grow with 1.1 million service members added since 2009. Today, Health Care professionals in all fixed military medical facilities and in many deployed environments have more access to EHRs than ever. As Implementation roll outs emerge, what successes and lessons learned will affect how your organization implements EHRs? How will emerging open source EHRs tools & transparent rules help to accelerate the ease & interoperability necessary for your compliance?
This outstanding conference brings together the experts from government and industry who are defining and developing the solutions to these and other issues and who are modernizing the military Healthcare IT infrastructure and developing the next-generation Military EHRS.
- What are the newest opportunities available?
- What is the future of AHLTA?
- How is the deployment of the Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER) progressing? How can you get your organization Involved?
- How will the introduction of Service-Oriented Architecture tools and technologies facilitate interoperability among DoD and VA EHR Systems?
- How do you measure EHRS effectiveness? Ensure security and privacy? How are Web-based hosting and Cloud Computing changing the approach to EHRS?
- What new capabilities are being developed in EHRS Big Data, data mining and global, mobile EHRS?
- How do we tie military and private systems into the National Healthcare Information Network?
These and many other critical questions will be addressed during this outstanding two-day event.
Over 25 Experts from DoD/VA IPO, OASD/(HA), DoD/CAP, USAF, ARNG, USMC/WWR, DHHS, SAMHSA, NITRD/NCO, CMMS, USA CECOM, USAAMA, AMIA, CCHIT, HP, GE, PwC, McKesson/RelayHealth, OSEHRA, Adobe, CCO/DC, AMSUS, Accenture, OHT/Collaborative Transformations, NITAAC, Kaiser Permanente, Siemens, IMO, Merlin & HEALTHeSTATE Presenting:
- Government Needs, Initiatives, Roadmaps and Plans
- Interoperability Challenges and Emerging Solutions — “The Way Ahead”
- What’s Ahead for Electronic Health Record Systems on the Battlefield? At Garrison Level?
- Deploying VLER — Challenges and Lessons Learned
- Information Assurance, Innovative Enterprise Strategies, Architectures: Cyber Security and Open Source EHA
- Next-Gen Apps – Real-Time Telemedicine, Virtual Healthcare, EHR Big Data & Mobile/Global EHRS
- Data Standards, Achieving Meaningful Use… and more…
Who You Will Meet
Some of the titles who have attended past events
- Presidents/Vice Presidents
- Chief Medical Officers
- Telehealth Programs Administrators
- Directors, Business Development Managers
- Directors, Informatics and IT Solutions
- Directors, Information Systems
- Chief Sales Executives, Federal Healthcare
- Business Development Managers
- Sr. Managers, Federal Accounts
- Sales Directors
- Capture Managers
- Sr. Client Executives
- Sr. Healthcare Analysts
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Commanding Officers
- Medical Planners
- Engineering Leads
- Operations Managers
- Health Service Leads
Sheraton Pentagon City
900 S. Orme Street,
Arlington, VA 22204
Tel: (703) 521-1900 or (888) 627-8210
Attendance is limited to US, NATO, and allied countries only.
We reserve the right to alter the published program if necessitated by circumstances beyond our control. The material presented in this program is based on unclassified technology and unclassified technology application areas.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Attendee accommodations must be arranged directly with the hotel.The conference agenda is available as PDF under downloads.
Confirmed Speakers for Military Electronic Health Records 2013 include:
- Dr. Kevin Fickenscher, MD, Chief Executive Officer, American Medical Informatics Association
- Mr. Stanley F. Lowe, Deputy Director of Defense, DoD/VA IPO
- VADM (ret) Dr. Michael Cowan, MD, Executive Director, The Association of Military Surgeons of the U.S. and 34th Surgeon General, USN
- Dr. Robert M. Kolodner, MD, Executive VP & Chief Health Informatics Officer, Open Health Tools, Inc., & President, Collaborative Transformations, LLC
- Dr. George Strawn, Ph.D., Director, Federal Networking & Information Technology Research & Development
- Dr. H. Westley Clark, MD, Director, Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Admin
- Colonel Daniel J. Balog, MD, USAF, MC, FS, Department of Psychiatry
- Dr. Seong Ki Mun, Ph.D., President and CEO of OSEHRA, the Open Source EHR Agent
- Ms. Dina Cohen, Director for the Dept of Defense Computer/Electronic Accommodations Program, DoD
- Mr. Conrad Clyburn, Director, Community Development, OSEHRA
- Dr. Gregory Guernsey, Ph.D., USA, Director, Test and IV &V, Army CECOM
- Mr. Marc Wine, Director of Health IT, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Dr. Mark Dente, MD, Chief, Medical Informatics Officer, GE Healthcare IT
- Mr. Martin D. Quattlebaum, USA, Deputy Director for Administration, Chief Epidemiology Branch, US Army Aeromedical Program Manager, US Army Aeromedical Activity
- Dr. Karen Bell, MD, Chair, Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT)
- Mr. Kenneth Rubin, Chief Architect, U.S. Federal Healthcare Portfolio, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services
- Major Dexter Lovett, USA, Patient Administration Officer, Office of the Chief Surgeon, National Guard Bureau, Army National Guard
- Dr. Lauren Thompson, Ph.D., Program Director, Federal Health Architecture, ONC, DHHS
- Dr. Michelle Street, Ph.D, Management Analyst, National Institutes of Health I.T. (NITACC)
- Colonel (ret) Elspeth Ritchie, MD, Chief Clinical Officer, District of Columbia
- Ms. Charlene Underwood, Senior Director of Government and Industry Affairs, Siemens, Former HMISS Board Chair
- Sergeant Major Joseph E. VanFonda, USMC, U.S. Marine Corps Wounded Warrior Regiment
- Mr. Auston Davis, Director, Response Services, Information Security, Kaiser Permanente
- Dr. Summerpal Kahlon, MD, Vice Business Development, McKesson/RelayHealth
- Mr. Jason McNamara, Technical Director for Health IT at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DHHS
- Mr. Geoff Hancock Executive, Director, Cyber Security, Merlin International
- Mr. G. Denrick “Rick” Reichard, Founder, Managing Partner, HEALTHESTATE, LLC
- Ms. Ellen Ambrosini, Information Technology Specialist at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Dr. Meera Kanhouwa, MD, MHA, FACEP, Senior Executive, Accenture
- Mr. Michael Jackson, Head of Healthcare Solutions, Adobe Systems
- Dr. Fritz Hofheinz , MD, Vice President & CMO, Intelligent Medical Objects, Inc.