The best minds in aerospace will come together at AIAA Science and Technology Forum and Exposition (SciTech 2014). In technical sessions participants will share the newest research, seek answers to challenging questions, and together move new technologies forward. Engineers and educators, researchers and designers, scientists and students will all join together to play a part in advancing the state of aerospace science and technology.
From presentations that help to unravel engineering challenges, to networking events where the exchange of experiences can lead to effective solutions, this forum can enrich your current work and help enhance your future career path.
At the same time, you will be able to hear from market analysts, corporate decision makers, journalists, and government and military leaders as they address the difficult questions facing the industry:
- How will Congress and the White House impact future funding for research and development in the civil sector?
- Will corporations have to go it alone in developing tomorrow’s cutting-edge technologies?
- Will today’s students see a bright future in aerospace, or will they look elsewhere, and how will we keep the best foreign students from returning home?
- Adaptive Structures
- Aerospace Sciences
- Gossamer Systems
- Guidance, Navigation, and Control
- Modeling and Simulation Technologies
- Multidisciplinary Design Optimization Specialist
- Non-Deterministic Approaches
- Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials
- Space Resource Utilization
- Wind Energy
- John P. Holdren, Assistant to the President for Science and Technology, Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (invited)
- Frank Kendall, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics
- C. D. (Dan) Mote, Jr.,President, National Academy of Engineering
R&D Policy Implications and Investments
- Robert Braun, David and Andres Lewis Professor of Space Technology, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Arati Prabhakar, Director, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- Chaka Fattah, Congressman, 2nd District of Pennsylvania, United States House of Representatives
- Michael Gazarik, Associate Administrator, Space Technology Mission Directorate