At a time of unprecedented budget reductions, now more then ever, innovative and creative solutions towards operational efficiency while maintaining expediency and accuracy of information is paramount for our warfighters in the field.
Examining and utilizing solutions such as data distribution in joint common operating environments, mission command software suites, C4ISR systems and handheld tablet devices are all part of this important conversation aimed at improving our tactical communication and coordination.
‘Mission Command’, previously ‘Command and Control’, is now in its 10th year and while the nomenclature has changed, so has the technology requirements. For 2013, we have evolved this event to reflect this change, stay current in the market and to bring to light future capability needs and solutions by facilitating industry and end user engagement.
Mission Command will focus on improving network integration and accessibility in accordance with upcoming NIEs. We will accomplish this through exchanging strategies and methods from various test and evaluation commands, acquisition executives, tactical IT technology experts, C2 directors, and international communications experts.
By attending this training forum you will:
- Learn from industry leaders about the latest technology advancements including imbedded and network modernization priorities
- Gain knowledge on upcoming changes being planned by the Army, Marine Corps and other services that could affect your business
- Discover IT infrastructure requirements for Mission Command capabilities
- Get front and center with C2 leaders setting US Army strategic modernization priorities and evaluation tools and techniques
- Understand agile Command and Control needs for increased situational awareness in the common operating environment
What’s New for 2013?
- 20 High Level Training Session
- 8 Mission Command Acquisition Briefs
- 5 US Army C2 Requirement Keynotes
- 1 International Keynote Speaker
- 10 C2 Advanced Technology Research Presentations
"Mission Command is the conduct of military operations through decentralized execution based upon mission-type orders. Successful mission command demands that subordinate leaders at all echelons exercise disciplined initiative and act aggressively and independantly to accomplish the mission."
General Dempsey, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
Who you will meet:
At the 7th Annual Mission Command Summit, you will have the opportunity to collaborate and network with representatives from the Mission Command community, as well as personnel from military units, government agencies, research, manufacturers/contractors, and technology service providers:
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Branch Heads
- Project Leads
- Lead Scientists
- Chief Engineers
Venue & Accommodation
Waterview Conference Center
1919 North Lynn Street , Arlington, Virginia
22209, United States
The Waterview Conference Center, metropolitan Washington’s premier event space, offers a new avenue for hosting corporate and social meetings, conferences, receptions, and retreats in the nation’s capital, all high above the waters of the Potomac River. With unrivaled views of and access to downtown, the Center is designed to showcase the best of the city while providing cutting-edge event space. It is where the best of the nation’s capital converges and where an unforgettable experience continually awaits.
Just four miles from Ronald Reagan National Airport and 25 miles from Washington Dulles International Airport, the Waterview Conference Center is located in the heart of the National Capital Area at the Key Bridge. It sits in the center of Rosslyn, Virginia’s new commercial and residential district, while being only a 10-minute walk away from the historic neighborhood of Georgetown – one of Washington’s most storied neighborhoods.
SLEEPING ROOM ACCOMMODATIONS:
Please note that IQPC has not established a room block although there are several nearby hotels (many within walking distance). Please visit the below link for a listing.
http://www.executiveboard.com/exbd-resources/content/waterview/location.html (under accommodations tab)
Mission Command Speakers:
- Colonel (RET) Art Corbett, Lead, Marine and Naval Concepts Branch, Combat Development and Integration Division G-3/5, Marine Corps Combat Development Command
- Lieutenant General (RET) Harry Raduege, Past Director, DISA, Senior Counselor, Cohen Group
- General (RET) Paul Kern, Past Commanding General, Army Materiel Command, Senior Counselor, Cohen Group
- Captain (RET) Curt Hammill, Navy C2 Account Manager, ESRI
- Dr. David Alberts, Senior Fellow, Strategy, Forces and Resources, Institute for Defense Analyses
- Kevin Schultz Ph.D, Senior Professional Staff, Research and Exploratory Development Department Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab
- Dr. Mari Maeda, Director, Defense Sciences Office (DSO)
- Dan McCauley, Assistant Professor, Joint Forces Staff College, National Defense University
- Stan Newberry SES, Director, Air Force Command and Control Integration Center
- Britton Wolfe, Assistant Professor of Computer Science, Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW)
- Lieutenant Colonel Bobby Saxon, Division Chief and Project Director, Army Enterprise Management Decision Support (EMDS) Program Office
- Lieutenant General Susan Lawrence, CIO G6, HQDA, US Army
- Alan Lemon, Human Systems Integration for Command & Control Technology, Experimentation Division, SPAWAR Pacific
- Dr. Michael Cowen, Research and Applied Sciences for Command & Control Technology, Experimentation Division, SPAWAR Pacific
- Dr. Jim Lacey, Director of the War Policy and Strategy Program, Marine Corps War College
- Donald Sando SES, Director, Capability Development and Integration Directorate, US Army
- Rear-Admiral J.E.T.P. Ellis, Deputy Commander Expeditionary, Canadian Joint Operations Command (CJOC), DND
- The Honorable Heidi Shyu, Assistant Secretary of the Army, Acquisition, Logistics and Technology, US Army
- Sara Jane Haehl, DASD, C3 & Cyber, OUSD, AT&L
- Colonel James Jenkins, Deputy Commander for Operations, US Army Space & Missile Defense Command/Army Forces Strategic Command
- Rear-Admiral J.E.T.P. Ellis, Deputy Commander (Expeditionary), Canadian Joint Operations Command (CJOC), DND
- Commander Marten Meijer Ph.D, Branch Chief Expertise Management, Command and Control Centre of Excellence, NATO