Delivering Effects through Influence Activity
We are delighted to announce the return of the 12th annual Information Operations Global event. Building on the strength of our previous events, IO Global 2013 will provide a holistic analysis of the contemporary challenges facing IO professionals worldwide, ranging from per-emptive engagement to developing effective IO campaign assessments. With four individual themes structured to provide briefings on strategic, tactical and non-military approaches to communication and influence campaigns, Information Operations Global will once again deliver an unrivaled opportunity to enhance your communication efforts by taking on board best-practise from our expert panel.
Key questions facing the Information Operations Community:
- What role should the information operations community play in combating the influence of extremist groups?
- How to effectively develop pre-emptive engagement strategies for emerging and unanticipated threats?
- How has the growth of social media, technology and wireless technologies influenced Information Operations?
- How can we create a cohesive, overarching strategic narrative that can be used to derive positive “stories” for multiple audiences?
The questions above come from extensive market research with you, the Influence Community, and will be directly addressed at Information Operations Global 2013 through targeted presentations, and dedicated round table sessions.
Topics to be addressed at Information Operations Global 2013 include:
- In-depth examination of the challenges associated with information operations planning in a multinational environment
- Defining the role of the information operations community in contemporary and emerging operations
- Analysing the development of an effective, pre-emptive IO engagement strategy for emerging audiences of interest
- Analysing on the exponential growth of social media, technology and wireless technologies and how the IO community can take advantage of new emerging applications
Good networking opportunity, interesting viewpoints.
Martijn van der Meijs, Joint Warfare Centre, Stavenger, NATO
Very well qualified panel of speakers. Good diversity. Goodmix of military & civilian/Contractor speakers. Value added. Benefit in networking & in listening to each of the speakers.
Lieutenant Colonel Dieter Jobe, Threat Analysis Division Head, United States Marine Corps Information Operations Center
It was well balanced. This conference is always valuable as it is a unique forum in which to learn how IO is doing and where we are heading.
Deputy Director, PsyOps, Canadian Forces
Register at ASDEvents and receive 20% discount.
Attend Information Operations Global in order to:
- Gain a holistic view of the latest issues facing the information operations community, with four individual themes structured to provide briefings on strategic, tactical and non-military approaches to communication and influence campaigns.
- Examine how social media influenced the events of the Arab Spring and how your command could be better utilising this medium for greater reach and audience understanding
- Assess what role information operations should play in contingency planning and how such communications can be used in conjunction with local outreach teams to prevent conflict
- Take full advantage of the best attended, most influential IO event in the world with new dedicated summary discussion sessions and extended networking breaks
Venue & Accommodation
Grand Connaught Rooms
61 - 65 Great Queen Street , London,
WC2B 5DA, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 (0)20 7405 7811
Fax: +44 (0)20 7831 1851
Travel and accommodation are not included in the conference fee; however we have put together a HotelMap that displays discounted accommodation for hotels in the area to the Grand Connaught Rooms. The map displays live availability and allows you to book directly with each hotel: http://www.HotelMap.com/M3A7E
Register at ASDEvents and receive 20% discount.The conference agenda is available as PDF under downloads.
2013 Information Operations Global Speaker Line-up Includes:
- Rear Admiral Miguel Jose Rodriguez, Deputy Chief of Staff for Civil-Military Operations (CMO), Armed Forces of the Philippines
- Air Commodore Ian Wood, Head of Targeting and Information Operations, UK MoD
- Brigadier R.J.A. Stanford, Chief Joint Fires and Influence Branch, Allied Command Europe Rapid Reaction Corps
- Edward Burley, Commanding General, 352d Civil Affairs Command, USACAPOC
- Colonel Marco Stoccuto, Info Ops and PSYOPS SME at Italian Centre of Excellence for Joint Targeting and Influence, Italian Army
- Mark Laity, Chief of Strategic Communications, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe
- Anthony Fairbanks, Platform Strategic Communications Limited, The Platform
- Steve Mehringer, Head, Communication Technologies Section, NATO Headquarters
- Ulrich Janssen, Deputy Director Joint Operations, NATO School
- Erik Lagersten, Informationsdirektör, Försvarsmakten
- Lieutenant Colonel Dirk Schweickhardt, Centre for Psychological Operations, Bundeswehr
- Mark Wenham, Chief Instructor, UK MoD
- Steve Welsh, Head of Behavioural Science & Future, SOCA Counter Corruption Department
- Zeinab Hibaaq, Founder and CEO, Karama
- Ilja Van Hespen, Info Ops Officer OHQ EU NAVFOR, Belgian Navy
- Paul Tilley, Strategic Communications, Regester Larkin
- Tony Quinlan, Chief Storyteller, NARRATE
Register at ASDEvents and receive 20% discount.