Benefits of Attending
As more and more tactical, business, and social media capabilities migrate to smartphones and handheld devices, OSD and the Services have been tasked with finding a way to permit these capabilities to flourish and expand while ensuring that security and warfighter protection are maintained and enhanced. Results from recent Army experiments with providing smartphones on the battlefield via the Connecting Soldiers to Digital Applications (CSDA) initiative have proven the “utility of using smartphones across a full spectrum of military operations and domains with great results,” providing the opportunity to change how soldiers communicate, learn, and perform their mission.
This outstanding two day forum features senior military, government and industry experts who are defining the newest requirements and developing strategies for deploying next generation smartphones and handheld devices.
- What roles will smartphones and handheld devices play in developing DoD-wide and Service-specific mobile enterprise strategies?
- What is the status of CSDA and other initiatives? What are the capabilities and limitations of current smartphone platforms? What does the future hold?
- What new apps are emerging for ISR, tactical support, video streaming and analytics, geo-fencing, remote diagnostics, logistics and inventory control, etc.?
- What are the emerging guidelines for selecting apps and building use cases?
- How do you build in multilevel security capabilities for deployed vs. non-deployed devices?
These and many other critical questions will be addressed during this important two-day event!
Over 25 Leading Experts from DoD/CIO, Army (MCCoE, BMC), RDECOM, Navy (DASN/C4I-IO-Space, ONR), SOC-JC, AFC2IC, DARPA, NRO, FCC, USMC/C2ID, USC/ISI, Google, BlackBerry, Motorola, Northrop Grumman, ViaSat, Harris, Accenture, Adobe, AT&T, DMI, JackBe, TerraWi, Invincea, Allied Communications, OCEUS, and NIC will examine:
- OSD and Service Smartphone & Handheld Device Policies, Plans, Needs and Initiatives
- Future Capabilities for Smartphone and Handheld Device Platforms
- Next-Generation Military Smartphone & Handheld Device Tactical Apps
- Connecting Soldiers to Digital Applications – The Way Ahead
- Smartphones and Handheld Devices in the Future Mobile Enterprise
Who You Will Meet
- Presidents/Vice Presidents
- Sr. Directors
- Directors, IT
- Directors, Information Systems
- Directors, Intel
- Directors, Business Development Managers
- Program Directors
- Chief Sales Executives
- Chief Engineers
- Sr. Engineers
- Business Development Managers
- Sr. Managers, Federal Accounts
- Sales Directors
- Cyber Operations Analyst
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Commanding Officers
- Technology Officers
- Manager of Network Operations
- Manager of Network Security
- Systems Analysts
- Information Assurance Officers
- Information Protection Specialists
- Intel Evaluators
- Engineering Leads
- Operations Managers
- C4ISR Requirements
Holiday Inn Rosslyn at Key Bridge
1900 North Fort Myer Drive,
Arlington, VA 22209
Tel: (703) 807-2000)
(Mention “Technology Training” for a special room rate)
Attendee accommodations must be arranged directly with the hotel.
Attendance is limited to US, NATO, and allied countries only.
The Outstanding Speakers for Military Smartphones and Handheld Devices Symposium include:
- Dr. John Zangardi, Deputy Assistant Secretary for C4I, IO and Space, US Navy
- Mr. Robert Carey, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, Information Management, Integration and Technology, DOD/CIO
- Mr. Michael McCarthy, Director, Operations, US Army Brigade Modernization Command
- Colonel Elizabeth Bierden, USA, Chief, Network Integration Division, Brigade Modernization Command
- Dr. Santanu Das, Program Manager, Communications and Networks, Office of Naval Research
- Mr. Matthew French, Project Leader, Computational Systems and Technology, Information Sciences Institute
- Lieutenant Colonel David Krahl, USA, Combined Arms Center, Connecting Soldiers to Digital Applications, MCCoE
- Mr. Ken Teske, Command & Control On The Move Focused Integration Team, SOC-JC
- CAPT William H. Kloth, USMC, Capabilities Integration Officer for Tactical Radios, USMC Development Command, Combat Development and Integration Division
- Dr. Calvin Chue, Research Biologist, U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command
- Mr. Mike Tisdale, Command & Control On The Move Focused Integration Team, SOC-JC
- Dr. Joseph Mitola III, Chief Scientist, Allied Communications, Founder, Mitola’s STATISfaction
- Mr. Julius Knapp, Chief Engineer, Office of Engineering and Technology, FCC
- Dr. Preston Marshall, Deputy Director, Information Sciences Institute
- Mr. Tony Peterson, Command & Control On The Move Focused Integration Team, SOC-JC
- Ms. Michele Westlander-Quaid, Chief Technology Officer (Federal) & Innovation Evangelist, Google
- Dr. Nibir Dhar, AWARE Program Manager, Defense Advanced Research Project Agency
- Mr. Nolan Jones, Director, eGovernment Innovation, NIC eGovernment Solutions
- Mr. Cal Fleming, Deputy Division Chief, Tactical Data Links, AFC2IC
- Mr. Jamie Wu, Strategic Government Account Manager, BlackBerry
- Mr. John Landwehr, Vice President, Government Solutions, Adobe
- Mr. Rick Doten, Vice President, Cyber Security, Digital Management, Inc.
- Mr. Dan Vlacich, Accenture Federal Services-Security
- Mr. Jon Korecki, Lead, Secure, Secure Smart Phones, ViaSat
- Mr. Thomas Mihm, Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff, Motorola
- Mr. Peter Houser, Manager, Engineering Group, Northrop Grumman
- Mr. Amit Ganjoo, Vice President of Engineering, Oceus Networks
- Mr. Jack Golden, Technical Director, Secure Mobility Practice, AT&T
- Mr. Lenwood Washington, Senior Systems Engineer, National Reconnaissance Office
- Mr. John Crupi, Chief Technology Officer, JackBe
- Ms. Wendy H. Martin, Vice President, Advanced Information Solutions, Harris Corporation
- Mr. Ryan Walters, Founder & President, TerraWi, Inc.
- Dr. Anup Ghosh, Founder & Chief Scientist, Invincea