Enhancing Mitigation Capabilities for Network Cyber Threats
Our Cyber Security for Oil and Gas event will bring together relevant stakeholders to discuss the most pressing cyber security issues facing the oil and gas sector. Presentations will examine threat trends, identify immediate and long-term needs, and reveal up-and-coming technologies for use in evolving threat environments. Security managers, IT strategy implementers, and industry partners will gather in Houston, TX to network, share best practices and explore potential paths to mitigate the threat of energy-focused attacks from cyber adversaries.
Since 2009, coordinated covert and targeted cyberattacks involving social engineering, spearphishing, exploitation of Microsoft Windows operating systems vulnerabilities, and the use of remote administration tools (RATs) have been conducted against global oil, energy, and petrochemical companies, targeting and harvesting data including sensitive competitive proprietary operations and project-financing information and endangering the safe operation of infrastructure components. President Obama’s 2013 Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Executive Order highlights Washington’s focus on identifying critical infrastructure sectors where a cybersecurity incident could “reasonably result in catastrophic regional or national effects on public health or safety, economic security, or national security."
What will you gain by attending?
- Learn how to integrate software and technology tools in tactical security plans and protocols
- Understand malicious intent of cyber adversaries and why the energy sector is especially attractive
- Lessons learned to improve the quality and dissemination of actionable information from large quantities of data
- The latest equipment and technologies available to update or replace inferior software
- Best practices for interagency and peer cooperation
Key topics include:
- The evolution of cyber threats facing the oil and gas sector
- Effective coordinating with private and public-sector partners
- Maintaining critical data security in a business environment
- Lessons learned from cyber incidents and adversary intentions
- Effective monitoring and data gathering
Venue & Accommodation
Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor
14703 Park Row Boulevard,
77079, United States
AccommodationThe Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor hotel caters to business travels as well as those planning a Texas vacation. Surround yourself in luxuries like spacious hotel rooms and suites, complimentary Wi-Fi, an indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, and fully equipped Fitness Center. Help yourself to use of the onsite Business Center as well as complimentary hotel shuttle. It's our goal to deliver a Houston vacation stay or business trip you won't forget for all the right reasons.
Group Rate: $135 plus 17% tax per night
Please identify you are part of the IDGA – Cyber Security Oil & Gas group to ensure the special rate.
Note that you are eligible for this rate three day prior and three days post the event based on availability. Please make your reservation before Monday, September 2, 2013 in order to ensure you are eligible for the group rate.
Reservations Phone: 281-558-5580The conference agenda is available as PDF under downloads.
- Mr. Richard Clarke, Chairman, Good Harbor Security Risk Management
- Dr. Prescott Winter, Managing Director, Chertoff Group
- Mr. Michael W. Locatis, Former DHS Assistant Secretary of Cyber Security and Communications, CEO, Nexusist
- Mr. Dmitri Alperovitch, Co-Founder & CTO, Crowdstrike
- Mr. Jonathan Pollet, Founder, Principal Consultant, Red Tiger Security
- Mr. Ian McCredie, (former Head of Global Security Services, Shell) Director Business Solutions, Omnis, Inc.
- Ms. Mischel Kwon, (former Director, US-CERT) President & CEO, Mischel Kwon and Associates (MKA)
- Mr. Bob Stasio, Former Chief of Operations, NSA Network Operations Center
- Mr. Paul Williams, Executive Director of Security Services, White Badger Group
- Mr. Steven Elwart P.E., Director of Systems Engineering, Ergon Refining
- Mr. Jeff Voas, Computer Scientist, US National Institute for Standards and Technology
- Capt. John Felker, Vice President Cyber Programs, SCI Consulting
- Ms. Michelle Moore, CEO, MyM Solutions
- Ms. Denise Anderson, Vice President FS-ISAC, Government and Cross-Sector Programs, Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC)