The primary objective of the 9th Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing Summit is to explore the key aspects and issues related to manufacturing and engineering best practices and their application as business drivers for innovation and growth. The Summit's program topics have been pinpointed and validated by senior executives from the aerospace and defense manufacturing community as the top critical issues they face.
Key issues for 2013 include:
- Follow That Star – Determining the future of the space industry
- Export Control Reform: Status, Prospects, and (R)Evolution
- Supporting the Warfighter in Challenging Budget Environments
- Multi-Dimensional Diversification in Austere Defense Spending Environments - surviving and thriving when defense budgets are lean
- Solving Engineering Challenges with Nanotechnology - Identifying the benefits of nanomaterials
- Building the Factory of the Future - to guarantee aerospace and defense manufacturing excellence
- Reinforcing the Chains in the Link – Determining strategies to maximize supply chain agility
- Identifying the Next Generation of Big Thinkers – Implementing talent acquisition and workforce development strategies to achieve long-term dividends
"I was able to make some great industry contacts and several great items to implement through the presentations."
Executive Director Operations, Aerojet-GenCorp
"I found the one-on-one sessions very productive and found a couple of solutions that I can talk to my team about."
Systems Engineer, Boeing Research & Technology
"Very well prepared and executed, interesting messages and strong industry participation."
Director for Strategic Growth, General Dynamics
Red Rock Casino
Las Vegas, NV
Red Rock's serene surroundings, distinctive décor and impeccable standard of service ensure that your Las Vegas hotel stay is flawless and fabulous. Exquisite hotel rooms and suites offer an unmatched combination of comfort, extravagance and value while inspiring mountain vistas will transfix you during your Las Vegas vacation, travel or getaway. Many of the spaces are naturally-lit and overlook the stunning Red Rock Canyon and three-acre pool backyard. Wow factor for your special Las Vegas event: guaranteed!
- Pete Bitar, President/CEO, XADS - Xtreme Alternative Defense Systems
- Jeffery J. Puschell, Ph.D., Principal Engineering Fellow, Chief Scientist, Space Systems, Space and Airborne Systems, Raytheon Company
- John H. Whaley, Executive Director, Redmond Operations, Aerojet
- Charles T. Davenport, Director and Sr. Operations Manager, Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control
- Karen Davies, Senior Vice President & President, ATK Armament Systems
- Remy Nathan, Vice President of International Affairs, Aerospace Industries Association
- Rod Skotty, President, Maritime Helicopter Support Company, a division of Lockheed Martin
- Dr. Tim J. Nohara, P.Eng, President and CEO, Accipiter Radar Technologies Inc.
- Dr. Tim Carter, Director of Operations for Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Programs, Lockheed Martin Space System
- Laura J. McGill, Engineering Deputy for Raytheon Missile Systems, Raytheon Company
- Dr. Dean L. Bartles, FSME, Vice President, Large Caliber Ammunition, General Dynamics - Ordnance and Tactical Systems
- David Edstrom, President and Chairman of the Board, MTConnect Institute