This informative event will draw from expert opinions, showcase the latest technology and inform attendees of new platforms and how to use them to an advantage from a military and defence perspective.
The third installment in the sell-out Social Media series, will explore social media use as a form of internal communication as well as the operational struggles faced, recent data monitoring developments and the dangers posed, along with the latest issues that are dominating the military and defence industry today.
Key Reasons to Attend:
- Discover how to harness the global power of social media, the new weapon in the online battlefield
- Learn and network with experts from around the world who shape and influence the social media landscape
- Explore the latest social media platforms shaping the future and how to use them
- Understand the latest on data protection, data mining and how to stay safe from being monitored by the enemy
- Analyse the most effective way of using social media platforms in a military environment
Plus Two Interactive Pre-Conference Workshops
- WORKSHOP A | 9.00am - 12.30pm
Creating and maintaining a sustainable social media presence within the defence environment.
Andrew Morton (Lieutenant Colonel Ret’d), Digital and Social Media Manager, Purple Strategies
- WORKSHOP B | 1pm - 5pm
Integrating social media with digital strategy.
Tim Callington, Director of Digital, Edelman Digital
“I am returning to this year’s Social Media in Defence not just to speak but to learn what best practices are out there and to ensure we stay at the top of our game. Social Media is moving so fast, you must take a moment and learn from those around you or you will get left behind.”
Vice President, Digital Strategy - Baesystems
Expert Speakers Includes:
- Andrew Morton, Digital and Social Media Manager, Purple Strategies
- Brittany Brown, Social Media Manager, US Army
- Chris Stace, Project Officer Information Management and NEC, European Defence Agency
- Dan Thompson, Chief, U.S. Army Installation Management Command Europe
- Denis Hanly, Press Officer, Defence Forces Ireland
- Erik Lagersten, Director, Office of Communication and Public Relations, Swedish Armed Forces
- Fredrik Johnsen, Communications Advisor, Norwegian National Security Authority
- Ian Robin, Director of Sales EMEA, Hotsuite
- Jim Delaney, CEO, Market Wired
- Joerg Jacobs, Researcher, Bundeswehr Academy for Information and Communication
- John Wayne Ross, Strategic Analyst, Department of National Defence
- Paul Smyth, Senior Consultant, Hill+Knowlton Strategies
- Pippa Norris, Head of Digital Engagement, Ministry of Defence, UK
- Price Floyd, Head of Digital, BAE SYSTEMS
- Robin Hamman, Senior Vice President, Director of Digital, Edelman
- Sacha Aizenman, Head of Digital, French Ministry of Defence
- Steven Mehringer, Head, Communication Technologies Section, NATO Headquarters
- Tim Callington, Director of Digital, Edelman
With key note presentations from military and industry professional at the heart of social media, this really is a unique event not to be missed.
The conference agenda is available as PDF under downloads.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Marriott Hotel, Regents Park
128 King Henry's Road
London, NW3 3ST