Defence Exports 2013 is Europe's leading conference for senior export control professionals.
Following on from the outstanding success of last year's event, Defence Exports 2013 will feature a line-up of industry leading speakers and key Government officials from across US, Europe and the world to allow attendees to learn about the latest updates on international export control regulations.
Many European export control managers have only dealt with the ITAR and are therefore relatively unfamiliar with the nuances to EAR regulatory requirements. With the recent Obama export control reforms, industry are now being forced to do a hurried studies of the EAR. This conference is designed to give those working in defence exports compliance the insights and tools they need to survive the recent changes and work toward greater success with their export compliance.
Understand defence exports on a global scale and place your company at a strategic advantage with critical compliance information. After last year's completely sold out event, don't miss out and register today.
Key topics to be addressed include:
- Update from the US Department of Commerce
- The business implications of the U.S. export control reform
- Civil nuclear export controls, Dual-Use Technology Export Control EU regulation
- ITAR and EAR/OFAC enforcement compared
Key Reasons to Attend:
- Hear from a line-up of industry experts including: Department of Commerce, Wassenaar Arrangement, European Commission, Swedish Inspectorate of Strategic Products (ISP), Ministry of Economics and Technology Germany, Rolls-Royce plc, EADS - Cassidian plus many more
- Discuss the latest developments in US Export Reforms and hear from the European Commission on Conventional Arms Exports (COARM) and Common Position 2008/944/CFSP
- Network with senior export control experts from Europe, the US and other international countries
- Attend an interactive workshop on: How to Draft an Effective Export Control Compliance Manual. Led by Global Legal Services. Who should attend? In-house legal counsel, export control managers, quality control managers, and anyone else who is tasked with overseeing export control compliance and developing the policies, procedures, and processes to make it happen
- Ambassador Philip Griffiths, Head of Secretariat, Wassenaar Arrangement
- Curtis M. Dombek, Office Managing Partner, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton
- David Hayes, Director, David Hayes Export Controls
- David Lorello, Partner, Covington & Burling Llp
- Dr. Walter Werner, Head of Unit, V B 3 - Defence Export Policy, Control of Acquisitions, Ministry of Economics and Technology
- Gary Stanley, President, Global Legal Services
- Harald Hohmann, Partner, Hohmann Rechtsanwalte
- Timothy Hoffman, Deputy Director of the Defense Technology Security Administration, Department of Defense
- Jan-Erik Lovgren, Deputy Director General, Swedish Inspectorate of Strategic Products (ISP)
- Jay Nash, Managing Director, Strategy & Development, SECURUS Strategic Trade Solutions, LLC
- Jean - Jacques Woeldgen, DG Enterprise and Industry, European Commision
- Jochem Hartmennshenn, V.P., Deputy Group Export Compliance Officer, EADS
- Kevin Wolf, Assistant Secretary for Export Administration, Department of Commerce
- Mr Henrik Petersson, Vice President and Head of Group Export Compliance, Saab AB
- Mr Mark Bromley, Senior Researcher, SIPRI
- Nancy Fischer, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pitmann
- Paul-Marc Schot, Senior Information Analyst, International Atomic Energy Agency
- Spencer Chilvers, Head of Export Control Policy and Civil Nuclear, Rolls Royce plc
- Stephane Chardon, External Relations Directorate General, European Commission
- Susan Griffiths, Export Control Manager, MBDA
The conference agenda is available as PDF under downloads.
Please fill in your name and email to receive the conference agenda of this event.
The venue is not yet available for this event.
Follow this event to be informed when the venue is available and stay informed on other changes.
Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
Piet Heinkade 11
1019 BR Amsterdam