Solving Supply Chain Weaknesses with Government Partnerships and Industry Advancements
The 2nd Annual Cargo Security Summit is unique and intimate opportunity to focus on a particular and pertinent aspect of the supply chain protection. This event will bring together the most influential and knowledgeable cargo owners and 3pls in cargo security in order to discuss the future measures and strategies for securing cargo and protecting it throughout the supply chain.
With the 2nd Annual Cargo Security Summit, we look to take a deeper focus and expose the serious issues concerning lost, stolen or hijacked cargo. Exploring the latest in technology an innovation will help to drive discussions about the future of cargo safety and the next generation of supply chain security. In doing so, the event will highlight shipping, air freight and trucking with emphasis on pharmaceutical goods, retail goods, consumer electronics, and food shipments.
This event will set the stage for an intuitive and in depth focus on the next generation of cargo security by drawing on all aspects of the industry.
Top three benefits of attending
- Hear from the cargo owners about what measures they are implementing to protect their cargo
- Discuss the cost-benefit factors of government regulation and international standards in counter-terrorism efforts and the steps being made to increase self regulation of cargo security and screening
- Hear about the latest technologies and learn how to manage tech costs and integrate various methods of security throughout the supply chain for maximum protection
What topics will be covered?
- Supply chain complexity
- Domestic and International standards for cargo security clearance
- Technology integration and management
- Risk analyzation and cost benefit rationalization
- Data analytics and information sharing
- Government collaboration with the private sector
Venue & Accommodation
Hyatt Regency Baltimore
300 Light Street, Baltimore, Maryland
21202, United States
Phone: 410 528 1234
Fax: 410 685 3362
Treat yourself to an exceptional experience along the waterway when you stay at our AAA Four Diamond hotel on Baltimore's picturesque Inner Harbor. Our urban contemporary hotel offers a luxury gateway to "Charm City". Impress your guests with an event in the remarkable Pisces lounge, a luxury venue that overlooks the Inner Harbor. Catch an Orioles’ game at Camden Yards, visit museums and historical sites, or explore the wonders of the Inner Harbor.
Our hotel gives you immediate access to all the vibrant Inner Harbor offers, whether you are meeting clients, attending a convention, or exploring the city. Discover what happens when charm meets personalized service at Hyatt Regency Baltimore.
Group Rate - $89 plus 15.5% per night
Please identify you are part of the IDGA – Cargo Security group to ensure the special rate, based on availability. Note that you are eligible for this rate three day prior and three days post the event based on availability. Please make your reservation before October 21, 2013 in order to ensure you are eligible for the group rate.
Reservations Telephone: 410 528 1234The summit agenda is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
- Maurizio Scrofani, Vice President, Asset Protection, Transportation Security & Compliance, Security Systems, Macy's Logistics & Operations
- Geoff Stephany, Director, Claims & Security, Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
- Brad Elrod, Director, Global Conveyance Security, Pfizer Global Logistics Compliance
- Stephen Caldwell, Director, Maritime Security and Coast Guard Issues, GAO
- Charles Forsaith, Director, Supply Chain Security, Purdue Pharma Technologies Inc.
- Michael Mullen, Executive Director, Express Association of America
- Michael Cobb, Vice President, Safety Security Loss Prevention, Landstar Inc.
- Carolyn Kavanagh-Saini, Program Director, C-TPAT and Cargo Security, Starbucks Coffee
- Jason Berry, Director, Cargo Operations & Compliance, Alaska Airlines
- John Tabor, Director, Corporate Security, National Retail Systems
- Art Arway, Head of Security, DHL
- David Jones, Regional Security Head, Americas DHL/ Exel Supply Chain
- Speaker to be Confirmed*, C-TPAT