Organizations of all kinds and sizes are increasingly threatened by fraud. Embezzlement, kickbacks, check fraud, financial statement fraud and vendor billing schemes are just a few of the countless economic crimes committed by employees and outsiders.
This two day interactive in-person seminar will provide auditors and other financial professionals with a strong foundation of practical knowledge about how common frauds are committed using a combination of lecture, exercise and group breakout sessions.
- Understanding the fraud problem
- Identify the red flags of fraud
- How to detect and investigate fraud
- Building an anti-fraud control environment
Key goals of the conference will include learning:
- Common and uncommon internal and external fraud schemes threatening organizations today.
- Who commits internal and external (and collusive) fraud.
- Why employees commit fraud.
- How to detect the red flags of common schemes.
- Essential fraud detection tools and techniques.
- Software tools for auditing for fraud.
- Best practices for developing and implementing anti-fraud controls.
“This was a very good, productive and interactive seminar. All topics were very interesting. It was my first experience with ComplianceOnline and they did a great job.”
- Data Administrator, The Vanguard Group
“Mr. Goldmann did a very good job of covering the areas as advertised. He had a good mix of examples as well. Fraud risk assessment topic was highly valuable as I am interested in a more formal approach to doing assessments.”
- Vice President of Asset Protection, Best Buy Co., Inc.
“Mr. Goldmann was very knowledgeable on the fraud subject and it was good to hear "war stories" from other delegates. ComplianceOnline website was very useful. It is very easy to access information from their website.”
- Territorial Auditor, The Salvation Army
Who will Benefit:
- Internal and external audit professionals
- Internal control professionals
- Finance and accounting management
- Compliance professionals
- Loss prevention and risk specialists
- Security professionals
- Fraud examiners
- Procurement/purchasing and Payables Specialists
Hilton Homewood Suites Downtown
40 East Grand Ave,
Chicago IL, 60611
Meet Your Instructor
MSc, CFE, Owner, White-Collar Crime 101 LLC
Peter Goldman has 25 years of experience as a business journalist and trainer, having launched, edited and published numerous business trade periodicals covering small business, international trade, management strategy, banking and personal finance. Mr. Goldman is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and a member of the Editorial Advisory Committee of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) as well as an active member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, the High-Tech Crime Investigation Association and the IOFM Controller Certification Advisory Board. He is a regular columnist for the ACFE’s newsletter, The Fraud Examiner and is a frequent contributor to other leading industry publications on anti-fraud topics. He has appeared on Fox Business News, The Wall Street Journal This Morning, The New York Times and Internal Auditor magazine.
He is president of White-Collar Crime 101 LLC, the publisher of White-Collar Crime Fighter, a widely read monthly newsletter for internal auditors, controllers, corporate counsel, financial operations managers and fraud investigators. He is the author of Fraud in the Markets: Why it Happens and How to Fight It, published by John Wiley & Sons, as well as four other anti-fraud books. He also developed FraudAware, a leading fraud awareness training program.