Exploiting the Cloud for Defense, Intelligence and Homeland Security
The federal government has embarked on an ambitious plan to transform IT acquisition and management, with a goal of instituting cloud computing in every federal agency to provide on-demand access to a shared pool of configurable resources that can be quickly established and quickly dismantled. The savings in DoD, IC, and DHS IT spending could total more than twenty percent of operational costs, but there are risks, especially in maintaining security and assurance of services in highly mission critical business and tactical applications.
This conference brings together the key management and technical experts who are making cloud computing a reality for defense, intelligence, and homeland security. Among the many critical questions to be addressed:
- What are DoD, IC, and DHS plans for cloud migration?
- What are the key infrastructure, architectural and personnel challenges?
- How are critical cybersecurity challenges impacting cloud deployment?
- Business vs. tactical applications – what’s different, what’s similar?
- Dedicated, hybrid and multi-cloud models – what are the opportunities and challenges?
- What are the lessons learned from early implementations?
- What is the status and forecast for emerging cloud standards?
- How do you choose the right applications and service delivery mechanisms?
- What are the vendor opportunities?
- How are cloud and “big data” capabilities merging?
- These and many other critical questions will be examined during this outstanding two-day event.
Over 20 Top Experts from DNI, CIA, NGA, HQ USAF, SPAWAR, INSCOM, AFOSR, ONR, NRL, USMC, NASA, HSARPA/DHS, ISE/DHS, Lockheed Martin, IBM, SAIC, Microsoft, Teradata, Unisys, Booz Allen Hamilton, Singer Associates, MapR, IMI, and Kitware examine:
- Government Strategy, Policy, Plans and Initiatives
- Identifying High-Value Missions and Applications
- Flexibility, Scalability and Security Issues and Solutions
- Using The Latest Tools and Technologies – Predictive Analytics, Semantics, Cloud, Metadata, etc.
- BDA Implementation: Collection, Processing, Management and Dissemination Strategies and Techniques
- BDA in the Enterprise Architecture
Who You Will Meet
Some of the titles who have attended past events
- Presidents/Vice Presidents
- Sr. Directors
- Directors, IT
- Directors, Information Systems
- Directors, Intelligence
- Directors, Enterprise Solutions
- Directors, Business Development
- Directors, Advanced Programs
- Program Directors
- Chief Sales Executives
- Chief Architects
- Technical Architects
- Chief Engineers
- Sr. Engineers
- Engagement Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Sr. Managers, Federal Accounts
- Sales Directors
- Principle Scientists
- Software Engineers
- Account Managers
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Commanding Officers
- Technology Officers
- Managers of Network Operations
- Managers of Network Security
- Sr. Data Scientists
- Data Space Engineers
- Research Engineers
- Systems Analysts
- Information Assurance Officers
- Information Protection Specialists
- Intel Evaluators
- Engineering Leads
- Operations Managers
Holiday Inn Rosslyn at Key Bridge
1900 North Fort Myer Drive,
Arlington, VA 22209
Tel: (703) 807-2000
(Mention “Technology Training” for a special room rate)
Attendee accommodations must be arranged directly with the hotel.
- MR. TERRY HALVORSEN, Chief Information Officer, US Navy
- MR. JOHN WILMER, Deputy Chief Technology Officer, Enterprise Services, DISA
- MR. FRANK KONIECZNY, Chief Technology Officer, Information Dominance, US Air Force
- MR. KEITH TRIPPIE, Executive Director, Enterprise Development Office, DHS
- MR. ROB VIETMEYER, Director, Enterprise Services and Integration, DoD CIO
- MR. MARK KITZ, Technical Director, DCGS-A, US Army
- DR. MICHAELA IORGA, Chair, Cloud Security Working Group, NIST
- MR. JOE JARZOMBEK, Director, Software Assurance and Supply Chain, Risk Programs, DHS
- MR. STAN KACZMARCZYK, Acting Director, Office of Strategic Programs, GSA
- MR. KEN BIBLE, Chief Technical Advisor, Office of the CIO, USMC
- LT. ROLLIE J. WICKS, Chief, Sensor Exploitation, InnoVision Information Integration Office, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- MR. JEFFREY LUSH, Chief Technology Officer, Dell Services
- DR. KEN BEDFORD, Chief Technologist, Enterprise Services, Hewlett Packard
- MR. BRENT SMOLINSKI, Associate Partner, McKinsey and Company
- MR. KEVIN JACKSON, Vice President/General Manager, Cloud Services, NJVC
- MR. MARK JOHNSON, Director, Engineered Systems and Big Data, Oracle
- MR. MARK MCGOVERN, Chief Executive Officer, Mobile System 7
- MR. PAT MOTOLA, Chief Executive Officer, BlueSpace
- MR. ANDY LAMORA, Senior Vice President, Government Platforms, TopCoder
- MR. AARON ERICKSON, Director, Government Innovation, Oracle
- MR. DAVID SUNDSTROM, Vice President, Engineering, BlueSpace
- MR. JOHNNY COPE, Vice President, Solutions, BlueSpace
- MR. ANDREW MOORE, Senior Director, Strategic Alliances, SAP Public Sector
- MR. MAJED SAADI, Director, Cloud Computing Practice, SRA International
- MR. JOHN DELAY, Director, Strategy, Harris Corporation
- MR. ADAM FIRESTONE, Director, Defense and Government Solutions, WSO2
- MR. YUNG CHOU, Technology Evangelist, Microsoft
- MR. ONUR SAVAS, Lead Data Scientist, Intelligent Automation, Inc.