As more and more tactical, business, and social media capabilities migrate to smartphones and handheld devices, OSD and the Services have been tasked with finding a way to permit these capabilities to flourish and expand while ensuring that security and warfighter protection are maintained and enhanced. Results from recent Army experiments with providing smartphones on the battlefield via the Connecting Soldiers to Digital Applications (CSDA) initiative have proven the “utility of using smartphones across a full spectrum of military operations and domains with great results,” providing the opportunity to change how soldiers communicate, learn, and perform their mission.
This outstanding two day forum features senior military, government and industry experts who are defining the newest requirements and developing strategies for deploying next generation smartphones and handheld devices.
- What roles will smartphones and handheld devices play in developing DoD-wide and Service-specific mobile enterprise strategies?
- What is the status of CSDA and other initiatives? What are the capabilities and limitations of current smartphone platforms? What does the future hold?
- What new apps are emerging for ISR, tactical support, video streaming and analytics, geo-fencing, remote diagnostics, logistics and inventory control, etc.?
- What are the emerging guidelines for selecting apps and building use cases?
- How do you build in multi-level security capabilities for deployed vs. non-deployed devices?
These and many other critical questions will be addressed during this important two-day event!
Over 25 Leading Experts from DoD/CIO, Army (MCCoE, BMC, RDECOM), USCG (C4IT), DHS, DISA, DARPA, NRO, FCC, Google, Apple, Intel, Motorola, ViaSat, Adobe, AT&T, DMI, SteelCloud, Thermopylae, Invincea, Fixmo, and AOptix examine:
- OSD and Service Smartphone & Handheld Device Policies, Plans, Needs and Initiatives
- Future Capabilities for Smartphone and Handheld Device Platforms
- Next-Generation Military Smartphone & Handheld Device Tactical Apps
- Connecting Soldiers to Digital Applications – The Way Ahead
- Smartphones and Handheld Devices in the Future Mobile Enterprise
Who You Will Meet
Some of the Titles who have Attended Past Events -
- Presidents/Vice Presidents
- Sr. Directors
- Directors, IT
- Directors, Information Systems
- Directors, Intel
- Directors, Business Development Managers
- Program Directors
- Chief Sales Executives
- Chief Engineers
- Sr. Engineers
- Business Development Managers
- Sr. Managers, Federal Accounts
- Sales Directors
- Cyber Operations Analyst
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Commanding Officers
- Technology Officers
- Manager of Network Operations
- Manager of Network Security
- Systems Analysts
- Information Assurance Officers
- Information Protection Specialists
- Intel Evaluators
- Engineering Leads
- Operations Managers
- C4ISR Requirements
Holiday Inn Rosslyn at Key Bridge
1900 North Fort Myer Drive,
Arlington, VA 22209
Tel: (703) 807-2000)
(Mention “Technology Training” for a special room rate)
Attendee accommodations must be arranged directly with the hotel.
The brochure is available as PDF under downloads at the right side of the page.
- Rear Admiral Robert Day Jr., USCG, Assistant Commandant, C4IT, Director, US Coast Guard Cyber (CG-6)
- Mr. Michael McCarthy, Director, Operations, US Army Brigade Modernization Command
- Mr. Keith Trippie, Executive Director, Enterprise System Development, Office of the CIO, DHS
- Mr. Jeffrey Witsken, Chief, Network Integration Branch, US Army Combined Arms Center, Connecting Soldiers to Digital Applications (CSDA), Mission Command Center of Excellence (MCCoE)
- Mr. Gregory Youst, Chief Mobility Engineer, Technology and Integration Division, CTO Office, DISA
- Mr. AJ Clark, President, Thermopylae Sciences and Technology (TST)
- Mr. Mark Rich, Program Manager, Strategic Technology Office, DARPA
- Dr. Preston Marshall, PhD., Wireless Networking, Google, Inc.
- Mr. Tim Powderly, Government Affairs, Apple, Inc.
- Mr. Julius Knapp, Chief Engineer, Office of Engineering and Technology, FCC
- Dr. Calvin Chue, PhD., Research Biologist, U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command
- Mr. Lenwood Washington, Senior Systems Engineer, National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
- Mr. Mark Norton, Senior Engineer, Department of Defense, Office of the CIO, OSD
- Dr. Nibir Dahr, PhD., Program Manager, Microsystems Technology Office, DARPA
- Dr. Keith Gremban, PhD., Program Manager, Content Based Mobile Edge Networking (CBMEN), DARPA
- Mr. Walid Ali, Director, Mobility & Communications Group, Intel
- Mr. Brian Hajost, President & CEO, SteelCloud, Inc.
- Mr. John Landwehr, Vice President, Government Solutions, Adobe
- Mr. Rick Doten, Chief Information Security Officer, Cyber Security, Digital Management, Inc.
- Mr. Thomas Mihm, Chief Security Architect, Secure Products Group, Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Mr. Jack Golden, Technical Director, Secure Mobility Practice, AT&T Government Solutions
- Mr. John-Isaac Clark, Chief Innovation Officer, Thermopylae Sciences & Technology
- Mr. Doran Michels, Program Manager Transformative Apps, DARPA
- Mr. Michael Lack, Senior Director of Mobile Research, Invincea, Inc.
- Mr. Chuck Yort, Vice President and General Manager, Identity Solutions, AOptix
- Mr. Daniel Ford, Chief Security Officer, Fixmo
- Mr. Jon Korecki, Lead, Secure, Secure Smart Phones, ViaSat