Benefits of Attending
The promise of collaborative military operations can only be met if the various components can communicate and coordinate in near-real time. Given the increasing importance of air operations in future mission planning, ensuring dynamic airborne communications and networking is vital. A host of complex issues must be dealt with – including communications/platform integration, manned/unmanned interoperability, and integrating air to air, air to sea, air to ground, and air to SATCOM assets
This conference brings together the key experts who are working on making military airborne networks a reality. They will examine the latest OSD and Service needs and initiatives, the emerging challenges posed by new mission requirements and operational scenarios, and the technological solutions now being developed.
- What is the status of key programs, including JALN, BACN, FACE, TTNT, TDLs and IEPs, etc.?
- What unique capabilities are required to meet increasing demands for airborne ISR operational networks?
- Where do UAS fit in? What are the interoperability requirements for military/NextGen communications integration?
- What technical breakthroughs are needed to make the web-enabled cockpit a reality?
- What technologies are needed to develop future adaptive, ad-hoc, mobile, broadband, IP-based airborne nets?
These and many other questions will be addressed during this outstanding event.
Over 25 Experts from: DoD/CIO (C4&II), DISA, Joint Staff/J6, DARPA, Air Combat Command, USAF/A2, USAF/A6, DASN/RDA (Air), ONR, PEO-Aviation, NAVAIR, OASA/ALT, FAA NextGen JPDO, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, BAE Systems, SAIC, Open Group FACE Consortium, Rockwell Collins, Harris, and iDGT examine:
- OSD and Service Strategies, Plans and Roadmaps
- An In-depth Look at the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE)
- Platform Integration Initiatives and Lessons Learned
- Airborne Networks & Future Joint Missions – Air-Air, Air-Ground, Air-Sea, Air-SATCOM, Manned/Unmanned Challenges & Capabilities, etc.
- Status of Key Programs and Initiatives – JALN, IEPs, BACN, TDL Migrations, and more!
- Military AN/FAA NextGen Interconnections
- The Future Airborne ISR Network
- Airborne Broadband and the Web-Enabled Cockpit
Who You Will Meet
Some of the titles who have attended past events -
- Presidents/Vice Presidents
- General Managers
- Commanding Officers
- Deputy Directors
- Branch Chiefs
- Research Directors
- Business Development Managers
- Sr. Marketing Managers
- Sr. Managers, Federal Account
- Sr. Analysts
- Sales Directors
- Principal Scientists
- Principal Account Managers
- Principal Engineers
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Program Analysts
- Avionics Managers
- Aerospace Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Systems Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Test Engineers
- Information Assurance Engineers
- Engineering Leads
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites
625 First Street,
Alexandria, VA 22314
Tel: (703) 548-6300 or (877) 504-0047
Attendee accommodations must be arranged directly with the hotel.
Speakers for the Annual Airborne Networks Conference include:
- Mr. Michael Twyman, Vice President/General Manager, Defense Systems, Northrop Grumman
- Mr. Terry Carlson, Assistant Program Executive Officer, CIO/G6 – Aviation, US Army
- Col Doug Hagen, Chief, Warfighter Networking, USAF/A6WW
- Mr. David Narkevicius, Senior Staff, DoD CIO/C4 and Information Infrastructure
- Col Charles Menza, Director, Battlefield Airmen Integration, HAF/A2, US Air Force
- Col Charles Thompson, Director, Plans and Programs, Air Combat Command
- Dr. Santanu Das, Program Officer, Communications and Networking (Code 31), ONR
- Col Anthony Potts, Director, Plans, Programs and Resources, OASA/AL&T
- Lt. Col Tim Pearson, Chief, Aerial & Surface Branch, C4 Transport Division, Joint Staff J6
- Mr. Edwin Marston, Senior Engineer, Standards Management Branch, DISA
- Capt William Gilligan, Executive Director, Research & Engineering, NAVAIR
- Mr. Steven Hofmann, Senior Technical Advisor, Inter-Agency Net-Centric Operations,NextGen JPDO, FAA
- Lt. Col Chris McDonald, Chief, ISR Web Interoperability, AF/A2II, US Air Force
- Mr. Mark Rich, Program Manager, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- Ms. Sondra Even, Unmanned Air Systems, DASN/RDA (Air)
- Lt. Col Eric Moses, Deputy Director, Plans and Programs, Air Combat Command
- Mr. Cal Fleming, Senior Engineer, Plans and Programs, Air Combat Command
- Ms. Charity Evans, Tactical Systems Branch Chief, PEO-Aviation, US Army
- Mr. Kirk Avery, Chief Software Architect, Lockheed Martin Mission Systems
- Dr. David Cooper, Technical Director, Comms & Networking Solutions, BAE Systems
- Dr. Sherin Kamal, Chief Scientist/Engineering, SAIC Inc.
- Mr. Tim Hughes, Technical Director & Senior Engineering Fellow, Next Generation Networks, Raytheon
- Dr. James Stevens, Chief Network Architect, Rockwell Collins
- Ms. Judy Cerenzia, Program Director, Open Group FACE Consortium
- Col (ret) Charles Murray, Senior Air Force Business Development Manager, Northrop Grumman Information Systems
- Mr. Karl Fuchs, Vice President, Technology, iDirect Government Technologies
- Mr. Emil Svatik, Senior Systems Engineer, Government Communications Systems Division, Harris Corporation